2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Dom playing for a football genius = 20 goals

Carlo-Ancelotti-Dominic-Calvert-Lewin-Everton-F365.jpg

Dom playing for a football terrorist = 7 goals

79999577-0-image-a-1_1705257421342.jpg
Team xG is actually higher under Dyche than it ever was under Carlo. 51.1 (under Dyche) 45.7 (under Carlo) I think the difference is that under Ancelotti DCL just had to worry about staying within the box area and nothing else. Under Dyche I think he has more to do and I think on top of the injuries it hinders him a little bit.

Realistically a better example would've been JameZ, Gylfi and Richarlison, as they all supplied him all year long between them and he scored for fun, but I get what you mean.

Saying it again though, we could have anyone up front and with this game plan they're not scoring that many more than DCL is.
Not a fan of xG myself, but I understand its basis.

DCLs xG this season is 12, he has 7 goals, yes its fair to say over the season he probably has passed up 5 good chances.

So he should probably be on about 12 goals, but the idea that a player like Haaland would do keep ups on the halfway line and slam the ball home and reach 20+ goals is a bit silly.

You can only finish whats in front of you.

Team xG is actually higher under Dyche than it ever was under Carlo. 51.1 (under Dyche) 45.7 (under Carlo) I think the difference is that under Ancelotti DCL just had to worry about staying within the box area and nothing else. Under Dyche I think he has more to do and I think on top of the injuries it hinders him a little bit.
Doms xG that season was 16.3 and he scored 16 goals.

Not a fan of xG myself, but I understand its basis.

DCLs xG this season is 12, he has 7 goals, yes its fair to say over the season he probably has passed up 5 good chances.

So he should probably be on about 12 goals, but the idea that a player like Haaland would do keep ups on the halfway line and slam the ball home and reach 20+ goals is a bit silly.

You can only finish whats in front of you.

Doms xG that season was 16.3 and he scored 16 goals.

I'm always seeing people saying the team doesn't make any chances compared to the Ancelotti team and I'm just pointing out the fact it does.

There are a number of individuals within the team who we don't get the best out of and that comes down to how we go about our gameplan but you need to speak to the manager about that. It's not difficult stuff but we want to make it difficult for some reason.

And should be 100% proof that stats can be used for any argument.

James is the most creative footballer I have seen at Everton in 20 years
But it's the truth, Tel.

He is and he did quite a lot, but DCL scored a lot without his involvement in that season too - Richy would be a better example as he assisted him the most, for example.

JameZ had a lot of those "pre-assists" that Pienaar had of finding a player in a good position, really. Incredible vision.

But it's the truth, Tel.

He is and he did quite a lot, but DCL scored a lot without his involvement in that season too - Richy would be a better example as he assisted him the most, for example.

JameZ had a lot of those "pre-assists" that Pienaar had of finding a player in a good position, really. Incredible vision.

“ without his involvement “ thats the problem.

James was always involved … he was the one making the difficult pass to release the player that rolled it to DCL to score from 6 yards out .

Happens all the time , best example is years ago when at the emerates Barkley dribbled the ball from our own box 50 yards up the pitch and put a ball into the box for mirrallas to miss a 2 yard sitter that luckily fell to lukaku who buried it ..

Assist for mirrallas for his cock up and nothing for Barkley .

DCL had is best season when James played for us … that is no coincidence

“ without his involvement “ thats the problem.

James was always involved … he was the one making the difficult pass to release the player that rolled it to DCL to score from 6 yards out .

Happens all the time , best example is years ago when at the emerates Barkley dribbled the ball from our own box 50 yards up the pitch and put a ball into the box for mirrallas to miss a 2 yard sitter that luckily fell to lukaku who buried it ..

Assist for mirrallas for his cock up and nothing for Barkley .

DCL had is best season when James played for us … that is no coincidence
The thing is that we didn't even have Hamez for all the games either, Tel - DCL was scoring even without him playing, as we were set up to play for a forward to score.

"He only scored tap-ins and from 6 yards out", wow, can't wait to see us replicate putting the ball in for a striker to do his job and score the tap-in or anything similar to that, but instead we boot it upfield and he wins headers 50 meters away from goal and out wide, brilliant striker stuff here really.