Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Thanks for the reply. I think when closeted you're more sensitive to the things that get said about gays, especially from family.

Over the years I've heard some horrible things said about gays from close family members and all I could do was sit there and smile.

I think a lot of that's just bravado mate, I know I can come out with some pretty crude remarks just for a cheap laugh sometimes.

I'm sure your family'll be a lot more sensitive about what they say once you do come out.

On this note, no one need be afraid to be gay on here. There are plenty of LGBT here. I sincerely hope the following isn't seen as patronising.

I've met a few gay people from here for a pint, they're sound. One knows more about football than me, although he'll disagree.

Quite a pal he is, too.

T ?
I know someone tried to blag into the Reidettes once, and I know Goat rides his bike round Birkenhead & north Wales but is there someone else ?

Does anyone know any forums where you can post anonymously just incase people don't want to talk verbally about their issues
I find this forum just as good as any. unless everyone knows you personally on here. nobody knows me and I feel ok writing stuff on here rather than talking to myself in my head. other forums relating to the particular issues regarding yourself are ok I suppose but because they are in the same position as you they tend to tell you what to do. that's ok if that's what you want but if you want to just rant and get things off your chest this is as good a place as any.

I find this forum just as good as any. unless everyone knows you personally on here. nobody knows me and I feel ok writing stuff on here rather than talking to myself in my head. other forums relating to the particular issues regarding yourself are ok I suppose but because they are in the same position as you they tend to tell you what to do. that's ok if that's what you want but if you want to just rant and get things off your chest this is as good a place as any.

That is a pretty illuminating point you have made there mate. Like, on here, if the subject is footie, then we are armchair/keyboard experts, but in this thread, we are just, well, here. No one is claiming to be an expert, the complete opposite in fact, but is clear to me that having a place to just natter, or off load some stuff to strangers, seems to be a help.

Which if you look at the OP, was pretty much the point in the first place.;)

That is a pretty illuminating point you have made there mate. Like, on here, if the subject is footie, then we are armchair/keyboard experts, but in this thread, we are just, well, here. No one is claiming to be an expert, the complete opposite in fact, but is clear to me that having a place to just natter, or off load some stuff to strangers, seems to be a help.

Which if you look at the OP, was pretty much the point in the first place.;)

Absolutely - if anyone wants advice or support, it's available.

If you just want to blow off, that's sound.

well i'll be getting ready to set of for the game in a hour. i'm pretty apprehensive and a bit scared. it seems a long time since I've been away from the house for a long period of time. even getting 2nd thoughts about going but I know that's silly and my son will be there to look after me.

How did you get on, mate?

How did you get on, mate?

He came in the Winslow & he wasn't with his Son so I'd say pretty good tbh.

Only just realised when I saw your post.

Walked in & said to me "This might sound a bit daft, but do you know who the Grandoldteam lot are."

Good job he didn't ask Brian ffs, or he'd have been gettin' a bearhug off a toothless Hool.

I think a lot of that's just bravado mate, I know I can come out with some pretty crude remarks just for a cheap laugh sometimes.

I'm sure your family'll be a lot more sensitive about what they say once you do come out.

I don't mind gay banter at all, it is the ones who say it with real hate I don't understand. My best mate, one of the two who knows throws loads of gay banter my way, literally loads but at the same time he has been the most supportive person for me. He was the one who pushed for me to get out there and start 'being gay'.