Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were certainly big positives to take from the game. Showed great character and to score 3 vs Chelsea under Mouriniho is very impressive. Mirallas, Naismith and Eto'o took their goals really well too. But when the defence is that we won't achieve anything.
Those two early goals just turned it into one of those free-for-all games where you throw the statistics and history out the window, it was crazy.

We won't face a tougher defence this season I reckon so the fact that we put three past them when they didn't even have to go forward is very encouraging.

People take the piss out of the rs but you can do well with a poor defence if you score loads. It's more fun for the supporters to win 3-2 than 1-0 also. Maybe not title contenders but deffo top four challengers. We will batter a lot of teams this year I think. We have so many options going forward it's mad.

There are no positives to take from this game. With the quality of players we have, I would expect us to score three against any team in the league. I wouldn't expect us to concede six against any.
We're going to break the PL goals record for a season?

There are no positives to take from this game. With the quality of players we have, I would expect us to score three against any team in the league. I wouldn't expect us to concede six against any.

With the quality of players we have, you'd expect us to score three, but you're shocked when another side puts more past us?

Out of interest, how were you expecting us to end the season on less than maximum points?

With the quality of players we have, you'd expect us to score three, but you're shocked when another side puts more past us?

Out of interest, how were you expecting us to end the season on less than maximum points?[/QUOTE]
When did I state this? And yes, I am shocked when a team puts six past us FFS.

No, you don't forgive or forget a mauling like that. Three goals and lots of possession when your at home and concede SIX is no consolation.

Martinez needs to wake up and sort this defence out and buy a defender worth their salt.

What we need is a Moyes/Martinez hybrid. Martinez knows how to attack, Moyes knew how to defend. It seems the defensive side has been bred out, like Moyes bred out the attacking abilities of players such as Jelavic, Johnson and Yakubu.

-we scored 3 against a Chelsea team that are ridiculously good at closing down with a lead
-we are probably the only team that will put 3 past them this season and you can bet Jose is fuming
-we have faced 2 of the best attacking teams in the league in these 3 games
-our defence will get it together
-it looks like we've just signed our best striker on a free
-naismith is boss
-we don't even have barkley in the team now
-we will score 80 league goals this year
-imagine this attack against europa league competition
-lukaku hasn't even started slotting yet ffs we could score 100
Interesting thoughts. Of course the alternative view would be:
-Chelsea don't score 6 goals....and not against good teams
-We faced a dud team in the opening round and still can't keep a clean sheet
-If we bought our best striker on a free at 33 years of age, what a waste of 28 million?
-Once again pre-season excitement has been killed by the end of August
-Season over for the League, back to mid-table mediocrity, especially once the fixtures start to pile up
-Carling Cup? See above
-Will get carved up in Europe by experienced teams, exposing our frailty and naivety in defending
-By start of 2015, out of Europe, out of Carling Cup and sitting in around 7-10th in the League...with once again people hoping for a "good Cup run" to salvage our season

Hmmm interesting...

-we scored 3 against a Chelsea team that are ridiculously good at closing down with a lead
-we are probably the only team that will put 3 past them this season and you can bet Jose is fuming
-we have faced 2 of the best attacking teams in the league in these 3 games
-our defence will get it together
-it looks like we've just signed our best striker on a free
-naismith is boss
-we don't even have barkley in the team now
-we will score 80 league goals this year
-imagine this attack against europa league competition
-lukaku hasn't even started slotting yet ffs we could score 100

Imagine this defense against europa league competition!

The fixture list has not been kind and losing RB was bad news but the defence needs sorting out big style fuming when we let Duffy go - keeping Alcaraz! only Stones as a replacement!

Status
Not open for further replies.