Calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post. Relax, don't do it.

- IVE GOT A BAG OF MAGIC.

sheldon-breathing-into-bag-gif.gif

International break is the worst. Ugh. I get it ... we've done about as well as a team possibly could have done when they get 2 points out of 9. Hurray! Still sucks and still need a win.

Defence is starting to worry me a bit though TBH. Not in a setting myself on fire way but there is some concern.

Can't remember when I last saw us concede six at Goodison. I've just had the painful experience of watching it again on MOTD, which wasn't pleasant, but it's not all bad, just feels that way at moment.

Was just glad to see Martinez address the defending straight away in his interview. He's an intelligent bloke and I think hell sort it out. I'm normally gutted after a result like this but the attacking display tells me well give someone else some of that punishment.

Agree with most of that but i am starting to worry about the defence. I think people are right to express some concern don't you?
I do, and I had a horrible sinking feeling after Leicester and Arsenal but today I don't. I dunno, maybe it's because it seems to me like Chelsea are title favourites. Mostly I think it's because conceding 2 goals in the first 3 minutes is a freak occurrence, and it totally changed to complexion of the game. I really thought it would end 0-2 and I'm pretty proud of our players for fighting back against a team that was only looking to sit deep and counter attack after they went two ahead.

I do, and I had a horrible sinking feeling after Leicester and Arsenal but today I don't. I dunno, maybe it's because it seems to me like Chelsea are title favourites. Mostly I think it's because conceding 2 goals in the first 3 minutes is a freak occurrence, and it totally changed to complexion of the game. I really thought it would end 0-2 and I'm pretty proud of our players for fighting back against a team that was only looking to sit deep and counter attack after they went two ahead.
There were certainly big positives to take from the game. Showed great character and to score 3 vs Chelsea under Mouriniho is very impressive. Mirallas, Naismith and Eto'o took their goals really well too. But when the defence is that we won't achieve anything.

There are no positives to take from this game. With the quality of players we have, I would expect us to score three against any team in the league. I wouldn't expect us to concede six against any.

We might score 100 but will concede 120!

Another way of looking at it would be that we have 1 point from games we got 6 from last season.

Agree there is still things to be positive about, especially our attacking play

worst thing is, it was actually 7. but this is a much different chelsea team to the one we beat last season. the arsenal team is a different one as well - they had won every single game since we beat them, but we stopped the rot - slightest of positive

Status
Not open for further replies.