Any players to go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nailed it there.

Only difference is that I would sell him due to his injuries. No use having players as backup who cant be counted on as injury prone like him and alcaraz.

Rhetorical question much?

What's changed is that he's been out for a year with an injury. In fact, since signing for us, he's been unavailable for 50% of all our competitive fixtures due to his catalogue of injuries. We got him for cheap due to his woeful injury record at Utd and we've got what we paid for - a talented player beset by injuries. If you look at him as Rodwell's replacement then we've made over £10m on simply swapping one player for an identical clone.

I'd keep him as backup to Barry, McCarthy and Besic provided he accepts that as his role, and accepts a wage that reflects that role. If he wants to be paid like a first choice first team player, he needs to be able to play 40 games in a season. I wouldn't get rid of him now we've signed Besic, but if he wants to be more than fourth choice he's got to get on top of his injuries.

The only player(s) I wouldn't mind left Everton right now are Alcaraz and perhaps Robles. Alcaraz isn't good enough, Robles is young and that might have made an impact on his performances when he has been given the chance. Given a string of matches his performance might improve.

Gibson is a very talanted player, yes unfortunately he's injured alot, but if he is played more carefully he might actually be fit when we need him. I don't see him as a primary starter, but as an experienced and good second choise.

Played more carefully?

The only player(s) I wouldn't mind left Everton right now are Alcaraz and perhaps Robles. Alcaraz isn't good enough, Robles is young and that might have made an impact on his performances when he has been given the chance. Given a string of matches his performance might improve.

Gibson is a very talanted player, yes unfortunately he's injured alot, but if he is played more carefully he might actually be fit when we need him. I don't see him as a primary starter, but as an experienced and good second choise.

Nailed it there.

Only difference is that I would sell him due to his injuries. No use having players as backup who cant be counted on as injury prone like him and alcaraz.
Actually, I think Gibson is worth keeping because we've signed Besic. The way I see it is that Barry and McCarthy wil start, Besic will come off the bench and Gibson will wait his turn - the reasons for this are:

1) why on earth sign Besic for £4m and not even have him in the matchday squad?
2) don't want a promising youngster getting zero game time. 4th choice CM (and fourth choice CB for that matter) should be older, experienced players who can't or don't need to play 30 games a season.

Played more carefully?
Some players can't handle playing week in and week out. If they are allowed extended rest periods they can be around and available when needed. Don't know if Gibson is one of those players, but with our current midfield surplus we can afford to do it.

I ment that Gibson might not get injured as much if he is called upon to play less often. Give him 2-3 games a month with time to recuperate between and he might be healthy when we need him to play 3-4 games in a trot due to banns or injuries.

Sky Bet have brought the odds on James McCarthy joining United this window to 1/3 in last few hours.

Not having it. Not now.

Sky Bet have brought the odds on James McCarthy joining United this window to 1/3 in last few hours.

Not having it. Not now.
Can't see RM selling McCarthy unless a crazy offer was to come in and then made sense to cash in.
I must admit when he signed I was sceptical but after the season he had I was converted so I'd like him to stay but again everyone has a price

Status
Not open for further replies.