Any players to go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn't get much for a crocked-crock though. If Besic settles well, and a bid comes for Gibbo, I wouldn't be surprised if we promoted cover, or rolled the dice and bought a youngster. Isn't Gibbo on 60K-ish?
Besic covers McCarthy. Gibson covers Barry. Seems reasonable enough for the amount of games we are likely to play. Would be a shame to bin him off having just gotten him back to full fitness.

Great cover mate, but a luxury given his salary and reliability no?
When Martinez came in he spoke about him being our playmaker. Before he got injured we all thought he was indispensable. We had a great CM pairing last year who, surely we all agree, suffered from not being able to cover to give them a rest (or in Barry's case couldn't play against city). This year we are going to play more games and have ambitions to better last season's finish.

I understand what you're saying but I think he's going to get a lot of game time.

Naisy will definitely stay due to the fact he play outside, albeit poorly. He can also play behind the striker (where I think he plays best) and up top. By no means is he ever gonna be a world beater, but every team needs a player who can give 110% and run himself into the ground, Naismith provides us with, exactly that.

He proved his value in the second half of the season, and bagged some very valuable goals, which in turn helped us not kick a ball in Europe until September which, come April we may be very happy for.

I do think this will be his last season, as you can tell he's a staunch rangers fan, and once they are back in the SPL, he'll go back IMO.

He's a lot more valuable than Pienaar imho.

Great cover mate, but a luxury given his salary and reliability no?

He had a bad injury last season, when he's played he's been more than reliable. The very least he deserves is a chance to prove his fitness. To my mind if he gets in he'll keep Barry out.

We've got some threads on here saying we need quality cover and some saying the cover we have is a luxury. Transfer season makes people over think these things. He really is only young, people seem to forget this. Barry's 3 year deal, I can only assume, want given to him with him playing in the first 11 for three years in mind.

Anyway it's been widely mentioned that the new Umbro deal is likely to have increased or wage structure. New contracts won't have been given out and then someone says 'oh [Poor language removed] we'll have to sell someone now' if that was the case someone would have been offloaded before Lukaku came in etc.

Not a negative thread or a player bashing thread (I hope!). I was just reading martinez's comments about selling players and using young players and loanees to stockpile the cash for this summer.

I would assume theres one or two fringe players he may still try and move on this summer but with a small squad he may keep everyone?

The following players contracts are also running out soon

2015- Osman / Alcaraz / Duffy

2016 - Kone / Pienaar / Gibson / Naismith / Hibbert

Will anyone leave this window (junior?) And whose contracts will he extend?

EDIT -- Also Lundstram, kennedy, Browning and a few others have contracts up at the end of this season
  • I'd be very surprised if Osman didn't sign on for the rest of his career.
  • It could be a make or break season for Duffy, Alcaraz, Kennedy and Lunsdtram.
  • Pienaar needs to raise his game again this year. It wouldn't surprise me if he was moved more centrally.
  • Even if fully fit I think that Gibson is fourth choice and he may opt to move on if he isn't seen as Barry's successor.
  • It surprises me that Hibbo was offered a new deal. I'd have expected Stones to play in Coleman's absence and Browning can deputise once he moves to centreback on a full-time basis.
  • Kone and Naismith will be safe.
  • Junior will very likely leave.
We don't have a lot of dead wood to get rid of and we don't need to sell. I think that players will only move on because they're not playing as regularly as they want to.

When Bobby Zamora scored that last minute goal in the play-off final for QPR v Derby I was devastated cause I envisaged Derby coming in for Osman.

I've heard Gibson may be going to DC UTD on loan, which seems ridiculous to me. He has potential (potential to be injured). But if he doesn't he'd be a great replacement for Osman as he's getting on.

Don't think we will see anyone from last years squad leaving as think Martinez made his mind up soon after his arrival - Anichebe, Vellios, Jelavic and Heitinga had it made pretty clear there was no place for them. If we got a good offer from Real Madrid for Mirallas he might be sold and Pienaar might want to move back to S Africa but otherwise think we will just add players.

Young players coming back from loan like Duffy, Kennedy, Lundstrum etc might be sold though if Martinez doesn't think they will make it - under that charming exterior he seems pretty ruthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.