Any players to go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard Gibson may be going to DC UTD on loan, which seems ridiculous to me. He has potential (potential to be injured). But if he doesn't he'd be a great replacement for Osman as he's getting on.

Hope this isnt true, if he stays fit enough to play for them he can play for us, i know we havent see a lot of him but i havent forgotten what a good player he is

No source apart from rumours on twitter.

Just searched for it, "rumour" is that he's going to Derby County (not DC United) and I only saw it referred to twice. Seems unlikely, you'd think Martinez would want more than one spare DM with Europe and all.

Would be good to SELL gibson as hes not going to play many games as first choice and has major injury problems just like alcaraz.

Of course we would nees another central midfielder in then.

duffy will leave probably next season as i dont think hes quite good enough for the prem, alcaraz will not get a contract extension we got him on a free and he will leave on a free, osman will extend gibson naismith pienaar will be here for a few more seasons particularly gibson and naismith, hibbert will retire in 2016 and work with the academy, kone will stay if he has a half decent season as back up striker.

surprised at the amount of people lookling to get rid of gibson - he was one of our most important players prior to his injury, he hasn't played since so whats changed???? he is in a team of 4 centre mid players who are all going to be needed and used for this campaign

surprised at the amount of people lookling to get rid of gibson - he was one of our most important players prior to his injury, he hasn't played since so whats changed???? he is in a team of 4 centre mid players who are all going to be needed and used for this campaign

They're also going to start a Beatles tribute act, the Goodison Beatles, without gibbo who would play drums and shake their head?

Macca on bass
Barry as the leader of the band
And Besic as the young lad barely out of school who could go on to eclipse them all...

gibsons an important player for us when hes fit hes a very good player, i cant see barry playing every game and gibson will be important, besic is a bit unknown in the prem if hes got an angry head on him he could be a liability the way refs throw yellow cards about, can do without him getting sent off in big games. but even if his temprement isnt a problem hes still going to need time to settle into the prem.

They're also going to start a Beatles tribute act, the Goodison Beatles, without gibbo who would play drums and shake their head?

Macca on bass
Barry as the leader of the band
And Besic as the young lad barely out of school who could potentially put do them all...

Rhetorical question much?

What's changed is that he's been out for a year with an injury. In fact, since signing for us, he's been unavailable for 50% of all our competitive fixtures due to his catalogue of injuries. We got him for cheap due to his woeful injury record at Utd and we've got what we paid for - a talented player beset by injuries. If you look at him as Rodwell's replacement then we've made over £10m on simply swapping one player for an identical clone.

I'd keep him as backup to Barry, McCarthy and Besic provided he accepts that as his role, and accepts a wage that reflects that role. If he wants to be paid like a first choice first team player, he needs to be able to play 40 games in a season. I wouldn't get rid of him now we've signed Besic, but if he wants to be more than fourth choice he's got to get on top of his injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.