Any players to go ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't need Rodwell; we've got McCarthy, Gibson, Barry and Besic in the middle of the park, and Osman for when one of them needs a rest :)lol:).

....I don't think we'll be actively looking to move anybody on, but players have their price and RM might be tempted if decent money is offered for somebody he doesn't consider front line.

Martinez brought in Alcaraz and Kone, so I can't seem either of them being sold.
Osman and Gibson will get regular first team footie, as will the Scottish Albino, the only one I can see leaving who's likely to get regular first team starts is Pienaar. Some of the younger lads might leave or get shipped out on loan but it'd be pure guesswork to say who.

I honestly think we could sell Naismith in this transfer window. He really had a great second part of the last season and there will be some teams who will likely try to buy him when transfer window comes closer to deadline. I honestly would like him to stay, but if we would get a £10M+ offer for him (if there are offers around that amount for McCormarck or Borini), it would be a bad move to reject an offer like that, I like him as a player, but he isn only a squad player at the best, Martinez could do wonders with that money, we could likely buy a boss winger like Konoplyanka with that type of money.

Otherwise, we won't get any real money for any other player we could realistically sell, unless an unreal offer for one of our best players should arrive.

Martinez brought in Alcaraz and Kone, so I can't seem either of them being sold.
Osman and Gibson will get regular first team footie, as will the Scottish Albino, the only one I can see leaving who's likely to get regular first team starts is Pienaar. Some of the younger lads might leave or get shipped out on loan but it'd be pure guesswork to say who.

Can't see anyone wanting to buy them either.

Yeah theres certainly a big difference between the requirements of being a defender for Martinez and Moyes. I think Duffy would be a decent addition to at least half the premiership teams. Someone like Villa or Sunderland would be a great place for him or any of the newly promoted clubs would benefit from his defend at all costs approach.

I'm not so sold on Rodwell though, I think the lads got great ability but based on his injury record I think he'd be to much of a risk. Like Duffy I think he needs games, coming to us to either sit in the bench or during the bad times in the injury room wouldn't do much for his career now. Again a club like Newcastle or someone would be perfect, drop down a level but prove he can play every week. Rodwell's still young enough to turn this bad luck round and reach the top in my opinion but he needs games and to be challenged, he's not going to get that back at us now I don't think.

Yeah agree with all of this, the Rodwell thing was more my way of trying to work out why we're still linked with him.

Given the light other threads have shed on the truthfulness of the British media however maybe it's just an easy story.

How about junior and some of the younger players? Alot of them have contraxts with only one year to run

Only a hunch mate- it depends on what those offers were I reckon, don't think he's core enough/reliable to resist a reasonable one.
Besic covers McCarthy. Gibson covers Barry. Seems reasonable enough for the amount of games we are likely to play. Would be a shame to bin him off having just gotten him back to full fitness.

Only a hunch mate- it depends on what those offers were I reckon, don't think he's core enough/reliable to resist a reasonable one.

When Martinez came in he spoke about him being our playmaker. Before he got injured we all thought he was indispensable. We had a great CM pairing last year who, surely we all agree, suffered from not being able to cover to give them a rest (or in Barry's case couldn't play against city). This year we are going to play more games and have ambitions to better last season's finish.

I understand what you're saying but I think he's going to get a lot of game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.