ALAN MYERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw all this unfold on Twitter last night. It was quite outrageous.

First of all, it is important to separate the 2 things here - the criticism/trolling on Twitter that has made Alan take a break is not from the likes of davek or others who think ill of literally everything Kenwright and the board do. That is an entirely separate issue. I am very surprised to see davek bring it up here in this thread. Alan himself said in one of his final tweets that his break from Twitter was absolutely nothing to do with the Blue Union and that he has absolutely no issue with them. As much as people want to deride the trolls and moaners attacking Alan, the Blue Union has absolutely nothing at all to do with this 'incident' and really should be left out of it. They get enough flak as it is, rightly or wrongly depending on your own view.

Secondly, the situation with Alan is as follows. One fella made a snide remark about the half time celebration of Everton in the Community raising £1m. He basically tweeted Alan with 'what was all that <4 letter word> on the pitch at half time? you're turning us into Bolton/Boro with that nonsense'. Another clown tweeted Alan with 'the EFC pr department is a F'N shambles and should all be sacked. you're turning us into a laughing stock. i was late getting into the ground because i was stuck behind the steel drum band' (this clown was actually serious by the way). He then started having a go about 'non-Everton songs being sung are a joke, this allez allez oh song isn't an Everton song, you're ruining Everton, Alan'. Alan recently commissioned the band that played at half time to produce a professional 'Allez Allez Oh' song that will be brought out soon. Given all the fans have been singing it all season, it was a really good move. There may have been more tweets that Alan received, but these were the ones he responded too, very professionally and politely I might add.

The tweets were absolutely embarrassing and couldn't be any further from the truth. You can imagine Alan, probably just getting in after a 12-14 hour shift at the club on a matchday, after a great day of celebration, and us winning a game, and then seeing all that garbage and how he must feel. He's incredibly professional and yeah, he's probably got a thick skin and can laugh it off in the knowledge that 99.9% of EFC fans are with him on everything, but occasionally it must get him down.

Alan Myers is a terrific guy who has transformed the EFC Communications department in his 6 months at the club. He solved the badge fiasco. He opened up channels between fans groups and websites with the EFC management team and players. He has improved our public image no end at all. Do we really want to go back to the dark old days of EFC Communications department treating the fans like poo on their shoe, the likes of Ian Ross plotting against fans, the likes of that Kopite Paul Tyrell slating fans on Twitter, calling them an enemy of the club and not responding to e-mails and tweets, ignoring fans wishes?

It really makes me angry that we've finally got a good man in charge of things and I pray that a few absolute morons don't run him off or changes the way he acts towards the majority. Some people need to hang their heads in shame.

Agree 100% mate. Great post.

tumblr_mdlozswzSf1r2ryz7.gif

Myers is a good guy. It's hard to believe any Blue could get wound up enough by yesterday's drummers to go on Twitter and give him grief about it, but everyone thinks they know best and just shout without thinking.

He's not quit twitter though, he's just taking a little break. I'm sure he'll be back.

Myers is a good guy. It's hard to believe any Blue could get wound up enough by yesterday's drummers to go on Twitter and give him grief about it, but everyone thinks they know best and just shout without thinking.

He's not quit twitter though, he's just taking a little break. I'm sure he'll be back.

I've seen someone rant about a bush in a park on Twitter mate, nothing surprises me.

To think nobody is ever going to pass a comment around the ever increasing PR use of the community/Charity stuff in that it could be perceived as some sort of deflective shield is a bit naive of alan myers and especially going public (making something it) kind of fans them very same flames a little.. for me his decision to quit twitter for a while is probably based on the exhaustive (meltdown on twitter) transfer window and also the realization of just how big a job he has taken on into trying to pretty much single handedly bring down them iron curtains of communication of previous years, are the real krux of the matter

Status
Not open for further replies.