84% of fans think Everton is a well run club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 84% is probably because we are massively better than we were a decade ago. That's progress, progress normally comes from careful management and running, in this case that is only partially true.
Financially we are very well motinored, we spend every penny on wages and players and debts racked up paying wages and buying players, this is fact... well that and lawnmowers.
However the flip side of the financial coin isn't monitoring its progress and instead of financially progressing, we are regressing, bigger debts and less assets.
I wouldn't accuse any fan of ignorance however may will choose to be happy with challenging for 4th and having a big debt that is managed the way it is over where we were before, i.e less debt and a shocking team.

I guess they don't care we rent.. everything, or that even below average teams bring in more money and that we could have a much better team if the board actually did... well anything at all really, because when you get down to it, what really matters is the football, and here we are excellent.

I'd also like to say I've not had any negative dealings at all with the club on a personal level, so they get good marks from me in terms of actual match day. In fact combine the improved football and team and the overall match day experience, and I guess if you didn't come on the forums to talk about the rest of the weeks dealings, its a pretty positive day.

Well 84% think so anyway :)

I agree in general, except even in pure footballing terms it bothers me that 84% of evertonians are happy with no trophies and 5th and 6th being our aim.

...yes, and where were we in the league at that point? Yes, riding high. As opposed to the previous years 55% approval rating when we were struggling at that point.

It may not be a matter of choosing the right game to put your best foot forward and achieve good feedback, but those annual surveys look to be governed by current form...which hammers home my original point that it's all about context.

I wonder after the recent results culminating in the Wigan defeat how that would have worked its way out in a survey? 85% approval rating d'you think? No, me neither.

I thought you may want one of these for when you next make a post

images

That way you can let people know what's coming.

The 84% is probably because we are massively better than we were a decade ago. That's progress, progress normally comes from careful management and running, in this case that is only partially true.
Financially we are very well motinored, we spend every penny on wages and players and debts racked up paying wages and buying players, this is fact... well that and lawnmowers.
However the flip side of the financial coin isn't monitoring its progress and instead of financially progressing, we are regressing, bigger debts and less assets.
I wouldn't accuse any fan of ignorance however may will choose to be happy with challenging for 4th and having a big debt that is managed the way it is over where we were before, i.e less debt and a shocking team.

I guess they don't care we rent.. everything, or that even below average teams bring in more money and that we could have a much better team if the board actually did... well anything at all really, because when you get down to it, what really matters is the football, and here we are excellent.

I'd also like to say I've not had any negative dealings at all with the club on a personal level, so they get good marks from me in terms of actual match day. In fact combine the improved football and team and the overall match day experience, and I guess if you didn't come on the forums to talk about the rest of the weeks dealings, its a pretty positive day.

Well 84% think so anyway :)

It was 55% 12 months ago.

Must do better at the wind ups...they only work if they're clever.

I agree in general, except even in pure footballing terms it bothers me that 84% of evertonians are happy with no trophies and 5th and 6th being our aim.

I would guess they are just happy with the progress in footballing terms and the bringing in of players like Fellaini don't hurt, quality signing, and our record signing of course... even though
* he's actually quite cheap compared to most big signings
and
* he was paid for by the sale of others

What people see on Saturday is Baines, Fellaini, Mirallas, Pienaar, Gibson, Jags and they think we can win this game. That is the on field progress I am referring to. I always think at the start of the game we can do these... By half time I am often taking it back but we do have a decent team these days.

Our own GOT poll currently running at 74% voting they want a change at the top....a poll conducted over a long time, not a week long snapshot that can be governed by immediate circumstances, and therefore is way more reliable.

Its a bit of cosy liaison as well, exclusive interview with Everton chairman for nice publicity quoting the stat - problem what problem?

I would guess they are just happy with the progress in footballing terms and the bringing in of players like Fellaini don't hurt, quality signing, and our record signing of course... even though
* he's actually quite cheap compared to most big signings
and
* he was paid for by the sale of others

What people see on Saturday is Baines, Fellaini, Mirallas, Pienaar, Gibson, Jags and they think we can win this game. That is the on field progress I am referring to. I always think at the start of the game we can do these... By half time I am often taking it back but we do have a decent team these days.

Cracking team. Best since the 80s in my opinion.

Arteta mate, add Yakubu and Beckford aswell yet some people think we are run brilliantly I'll give that Redcoat one thing he could sell sand to the arabs just not the club.

Agree with the what your saying, but to be picky I would say none of those three were our best players by some way when they were sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.