4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if arsenal win the cup and we come fourth but they come 5th so are already in EL?

That's my understanding of it - its usually the winners already being qualified for the CL that pushes it to cup runners up, but i think the exact rules are 'already qualified for a European competition via the league'

Too confused here, so if we get 4th arsenal get 5th and win the cup, hull still get europa right? As arsenal are already qualified? So essentially Hull have got EL already?

Too confused here, so if we get 4th arsenal get 5th and win the cup, hull still get europa right? As arsenal are already qualified? So essentially Hull have got EL already?

Pretty much. Would take a collapse of epic and probably unrealistic proportions from arsenal to prevent that so when hull play them it shouldn't cross their minds at all, it's actually more likely they'll take the game as a chance to give themselves confidence they can stand toe to toe ahead of the final

Too confused here, so if we get 4th arsenal get 5th and win the cup, hull still get europa right? As arsenal are already qualified? So
essentially Hull have got EL already?

Could be wrong but I think if Arsenal finish 5th and win the cup then they get the EL spot through the cup win, and the last EL spot drops to 7th.

As I say, I'm not sure though.

The most important and hardest match is the next match and that's Palace. Worry not about any games after that and the 1000 different outcomes to the season. Not arsed about Southampton away as that's a lifetime away at the minute. Lets sort Palace out and get another 3 points in the bag and see how that sets us up. I will take another scruffy 1-0 win or a Brazilian style 8-0 performance as long as those 3 points are tucked up in my Everton badge duvet come Wednesday evening.

Could be wrong but I think if Arsenal finish 5th and win the cup then they get the EL spot through the cup win, and the last EL spot drops to 7th.

As I say, I'm not sure though.

thats what I thought tbh, basically I think hull either need to beat arsenal in the cup final or arsenal come 4th to get europa league which then brings the question of it is right hull have to play us both and could easily "rest" a few players against arsenal?

If Arsenal finish 5th and win the FA Cup 7th place is given a Europa league spot. Hull need Arsenal to finish 4th for the runner up to gain a Europa league spot hence why it's a tad weird that when Hull play Arsenal, winning could potentially put themselves out of Europe.

Read up on it and seems to be a grey area. But think if Hull win the FA cup they go straight to the group stage, 5th and 6th has qualifying rounds. If Hull lose, Arsenal have to finish in the top four for them to get Europa, else it goes to 7th.

So, Hull rolling over for Arsenal could be a possibility!

Layed this out the other week in detail like

Basically the eufa spot for the cup goes to the cup winner unless they have already qualified for a higher tournament - ie champs league. So then after the top 4 are allocated their positions in the champs league, the cup winner - if not qualified for the CL is given the spot in eufa through the cup before the leagues spots are sorted out, then its the next three teams in the league who havnt qualified for CL or the cup who are given the Eufa cup berths

Its do do with the fact that the cup winner have the highest form of ranking so the league place for 5th or lower cannot be more beneficial for them to receive instead of the cup spot.

Hope that makes sense

Status
Not open for further replies.