4th Place - What's it going to take?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just have to keep doing what we're doing really.. Our Home games will see us through. I'm not worried about Palace, City and esp United. These will all sell out and Goodison will simply push the team on to 3 points! Even City... we will take them at home! I know it

Southampton are already on the beach, & Hull? Hopefully they have a cup final to concentrate on. Long and Jela will worry me though. 4 wins will do it

...yeah, he was a worry to me too....for the last season and a half he was with us lol

More of the same, boss 2nd half performances (25 points gained, 4 lost). Only the lead at West Brom and the 1-0 defeats at Chelsea and Spurs have seen us drop points - all away from home. Remarkably - away from home - our first half record is: W 2 D 12 L 3 F 3 A 6 and all 12 draws were 0-0. At home 7-6-3-14-7.

Last edited:
It´s the old cliché; we just need to keep winning. Keep winning and we´ll be breathing down Chelseas necks soon enough.

...yeah, he was a worry to me too....for the last season and a half he was with us lol

haha yeah but hopefully he doesn't feel like he's a point to prove against us like.. him & long can't play the cup final either so this will be the only thing on their minds that week!

I think it will go down to the final weekend. I don't think it's guaranteed we'll beat Palace. The pessimist in me senses a 1-1 and a misses penalty type scenario. If we do manage to win our next two home games I think we're guaranteed 4th though! It would be brilliant to do the double over Man Utd.

One match at a time. Im very encouraged with how Martinez is managing the 3 positions behind Lukaku, it's keeping our attack fresh.

I do have a slight concern that Lukaku won't be able to keep it up for every match though.

I'm assuming Palace will come to Goodison and sit deep. Mirallas will be key to breaking them down I feel.

City have easy fixtures, their hardest game is us.
Tbh I think our game vs City could be massive for both teams, will probably decide the title.

We've won 7 in a row, if we can get through the next week still in the 4th spot, then we only have 1 game a week from there, and I don't see why we can't win all of our games left, but conversely we could go on an awful streak and bottle it. Best to take it game by game.

Status
Not open for further replies.