18 months in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe people are being so positive about a manager who has so far won no leagues, no cups, not even a Charity Shield. We've so far only got 44.4% of the points we could have in the Premier League - are we a 44.4% kind of club or a 100% club? Is it because in the Europa League, we've only got 55.5% and this is his best ever record in Europe! Utter madness.

I like the guy but I fear he doesn't understand the need to defend and also the need not to talk so much without saying much. And he should have an "incredible" Swear Box, all money to charity.

I've been slightly disappointed with our start to this season but you can't not love the bloke for what he achieved last season, the majority of signings he's made and general attitude change at the club.

Long may he manage our team

Can't believe people are being so positive about a manager who has so far won no leagues, no cups, not even a Charity Shield. We've so far only got 44.4% of the points we could have in the Premier League - are we a 44.4% kind of club or a 100% club? Is it because in the Europa League, we've only got 55.5% and this is his best ever record in Europe! Utter madness.

Fairly unlikely to 'even' win the charity shield without first winning a league or cup. For the record, the manager has won the FA cup, just not with us. As he managed it with far more limited resources and players than are currently at his disposal, why shouldn't people believe he can bring success to us?

I was among those that was negative to him when different candidates for manager was discussed. Moyes had just finished what at the time was considered another season that I thought was 'as good as Everton could expect', and gone on to 'bigger and better things'.
When Martinez was announced I decided to stick by him and give him his chance (a full season) but my estimation was that whilst our squad was too good for the relegation battle, mid table/lower half seemed the most likely.

Roberto Martinez said in his early interviews that Everton could improve by developing a 'winning style', I hadn't a clue what he meant by that then but I see now. It's a far better Everton, confident in it's own abilities and patiently building for the future. Playing from the back.

I think Martinez is trying his best to overcome that. Signing experienced players with the winning mentality of Eto and Barry is huge. Allied to this is a core of young talented players who are desperate to improve and play without fear and for the shirt. Martinez has only been here 18 months, but it might take him another 18 months for him to get the personnel into the club that he wants to play the way he wants. But I for one under martinezs stewardship have more confidence that we could see silverware since the Kendall era. That team was packed with winners 'rats, Reid, gray etc.
Thank you for responding with some respect ;)

So...you mean to tell me that when Roberto was hired you expected him to lead us to the highest point total we've had in the Prem? To lead us back into Europe in his first season?

I need to go vault searching...
Nobody is criticizing RM or saying he isn't doing a good job...calm down man. Get yourself a drink. The comment was that until we are able to get rid if that "typical Everton" expectation where we seem to fcuk it up when opportunity knocks....it will be unfulfilled expectations

Nobody is criticizing RM or saying he isn't doing a good job...calm down man. Get yourself a drink. The comment was that until we are able to get rid if that "typical Everton" expectation where we seem to fcuk it up when opportunity knocks....it will be unfulfilled expectations

That sounds like a personal problem then...might want to sort your expectations out. If your expectations were beyond what we achieved in his first season then you have unrealistic expectations.

Yes mate, a manager whose team only conceded less than Chelsea or City last season doesn't understand the need to defend.

:drunk:

Even my cats can see that Martínez inherited a decent defence which initially did very well but might now be unravelling just as little. They also talk about Wigan's dreadful defensive reputation. Give me a shout if you need any footballing advice from my cats, though.

Even my cats can see that Martínez inherited a decent defence which initially did very well but might now be unravelling just as little.

Sign them up Bobby!

giphy.gif

The difference for me? I never expect us to lose anymore. It's like, I know we'll lose games, but there genuinely isn't a single fixture I look at since Bobby's reign began where I think, 'Yep, we'll get nothing there.' As a 26-year-old, that's a world apart from any time I can really remember as an Everton supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.