Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atrocious defending and he picked a direction for the pen, not great like but not exactly a clanger.

Tim Howard called up for the USA Mexico friendly on 8/10 - will fly back most likely 8/11 for our game that weekend.

He'll play at least 45 minutes as there is only 1 other goalkeeper on the roster and he is 20/21 years of age.

Tim Howard called up for the USA Mexico friendly on 8/10 - will fly back most likely 8/11 for our game that weekend.

He'll play at least 45 minutes as there is only 1 other goalkeeper on the roster and he is 20/21 years of age.

Bloody ridiculous that is. Assuming you're using your silly American backwards calendar system, that means he'll fly back just 48 hours before the opening game of the season.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUME.

Howard is a quality goalkeeper and we are lucky to have him. He has been a bargain at the price and im sure many premiership teams would be glad to have him. Ok i will admit he has his faults, mainly based in the air and makes the occasional howler but on the whole i think he is one of the most consistent keepers around and a great shotstopper. Think about it, if we had money to spend goalkeeper would certainly not be a priority.

Hibbert in interview this week on Mucha: "you have to feel sorry for him, because he's always going to be behind Tim".

Howard is a quality goalkeeper and we are lucky to have him. He has been a bargain at the price and im sure many premiership teams would be glad to have him. Ok i will admit he has his faults, mainly based in the air and makes the occasional howler but on the whole i think he is one of the most consistent keepers around and a great shotstopper. Think about it, if we had money to spend goalkeeper would certainly not be a priority.

Sure, but he's had bad patches of form (all of last autumn for a start) and Moyes' refusal to even think about using the international, world cup veteran, keeper he bought to provide competition for the role is worthy of critique. Why would any keeper want to stay at our club when they know that no matter how badly our number one plays he's not going to get dropped? Why have we bought three keepers in the last three transfer windows and bid for two more, if none of them are ever going to get a game? Why, in particular, did we bring in a keeper as good, and presumably as well paid, as Jan Mucha when I could do his job, sit on the bench for 90 minutes, just as well?

Sure, but he's had bad patches of form (all of last autumn for a start) and Moyes' refusal to even think about using the international, world cup veteran, keeper he bought to provide competition for the role is worthy of critique. Why would any keeper want to stay at our club when they know that no matter how badly our number one plays he's not going to get dropped? Why have we bought three keepers in the last three transfer windows and bid for two more, if none of them are ever going to get a game? Why, in particular, did we bring in a keeper as good, and presumably as well paid, as Jan Mucha when I could do his job, sit on the bench for 90 minutes, just as well?

For a laugh i reckon.

Mucha was getting some real stick off Jagielka for punching and not collecting the ball against Werder Bremen. Jagielka should remember how ****ing hopeless he was himself when he started out for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.