Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing can at least be certain in regards to Jan Mucha. No one will blame him if and when he leaves.

If you look at it though, lots of other squads rotate their keepers around abit. The question comes up when choosing goalies for the fantasy season, you always need two that are constant starters, and you discover that the goalie position is uncertain with so many clubs. Arsenal, United, Villa, plus City's was before the start of last season, Tottenham, Sunderland, etc etc.

I'm saying we would all be pretty chuffed really, to see Mucha finally keep a clean sheet - he has yet to do so, i believe.

I have no idea how good mucha is and i doubt we'll find out. Howard is number one and thats it. Van der saar was number 1 at utd, cech at chelsea, reina at the ****e etc. If their reserve keepers are getting games its in competitions that arent on their radar. We cant afford that and you find clubs that rotate their keepers based on form struggle because its better to have a settled defence.

Bloody ridiculous that is. Assuming you're using your silly American backwards calendar system, that means he'll fly back just 48 hours before the opening game of the season.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUME.

I'm using the silly American calendar system, so yup, August 10th. :p

The game is at 9pm East Coast Time, so he's not flying out that night. He will get back the night of the 11th is my guess.

And to top off your incredulity, odds are he'll play the full 90. I'm guessing Hamid (age 20) is just there to learn. (Oh - we saw Hamid - he was the starting goalkeeper for DC United).

Hope he has a good game and carries that through to the weekend. We're going to play young CBs, Mexico is bringing their A team - aka Howard WILL be tested.

Mucha was getting some real stick off Jagielka for punching and not collecting the ball against Werder Bremen. Jagielka should remember how ****ing hopeless he was himself when he started out for Everton.

Two things.

Firstly if Mucha has been taught to punch he punches, if he is more comfortable punching he punches, Jags should know that by now if he is, which being foreign he probably is.

And secondly he should of just gave Jags some stick everytime he booted the ball forward to 1 player being marked by 3 and lost us possession. But he'd probably get a sore throat after about 5 mins.

Looking at it and im being kind here you would have to say Howard is better then Ruddy and Swansea dont have a keeper, Gomes is about Howard standard hes a poor keeper as well, apart from that everyone has a better keeper then us.

*Disclaimer - if Ruddy turns out to be ace next season there will be wigs on the green.

Um what happened there Neiler?

got1.jpg

Ha ha got my maths wrong 17.

I'm assuming you posted, then quickly edited and reposted so quicky it doesn't show up as being an edited post?

No problem it just confused me when i clicked reply to one post and the quote was a totally different one.

Its n ot like i caught you admitting you think Howard is secretly ace or anything!

I'm assuming you posted, then quickly edited and reposted so quicky it doesn't show up as being an edited post?

No problem it just confused me when i clicked reply to one post and the quote was a totally different one.

Its n ot like i caught you admitting you think Howard is secretly ace or anything!

I misread the first lids post to be honest!

Ok so thinking about it leaving out the top 4 i would say Given, Freidal, reina are the only ones i can think of. And he's better than arsenal's keepers too. He's not perfect but he's a goodshotstopper, model professional, proven premiership goalkeeper and doesnt freeze in the big games. If he gets injured we could find ourselves in real trouble and a lot of people will be eating their words.

Status
Not open for further replies.