Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes mkII? This is a bit optimistic. Moyes got 7th or above for seven times in about 10 seasons. Dyche got 5 years at Burnley and has even relegated them once. Yes his team is 6th right now after 11 league games but remember Koeman got 6th, 7th at Soton and 7th again at Everton for 3 full PL seasons. I dislike the idea of getting manager who relegated his club and his results at Burnley in the past does not give confidence. I thought we have learnt our mistake for getting manager who relegated his club?

Moyes mkII? This is a bit optimistic. Moyes got 7th or above for seven times in about 10 seasons. Dyche got 5 years at Burnley and has even relegated them once. Yes his team is 6th right now after 11 league games but remember Koeman got 6th, 7th at Soton and 7th again at Everton for 3 full PL seasons. I dislike the idea of getting manager who relegated his club and his results at Burnley in the past does not give confidence. I thought we have learnt our mistake for getting manager who relegated his club?
The reference concerns the hoofball style, which is common to both men.

He is current flavour of the month. He might be the right bloke, dunno, but we need to stay up. End of.

Christ, we might win the next 3, and then all this just goes away.
I see Silva as a shooting star. Dyche has a potential to be new "Hughes"....if I may(pulled that out of me hat)

It was unrealistic to suggest Leicester City could win the Premier League. And how many people would have thought we would be in the position we are in right now? Things happen in football, as in life in general, that are unexpected and go against the "norm". But I guess what I was really saying was that in staying with Burnley he will be doing himself, his career, and his reputation more favours than he would by taking on what would be a massive task at Everton. In taking the Everton job, I feel Dyche would just be coming to Goodison to euthanise his Career and reputation.

I'm sure if Dyche keeps doing what he's doing at Burnley, he will get the chance at a bigger Club. A couple of decent finishes in the League will see to that. But who knows? Football being football, Burnley could get into Europe this Season and get relegated next Season.

Sean Dyche is not my first choice either, to be honest. But when I look around I don't see anyone that jumps out at me as the man for the job. Like I stated in another thread, how do you motivate and lift a bunch millionaires who have lost confidence and have become somewhat apathetic?

Let's hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later, and we get winning some games and have something to cheer about again.
Haha, the Leicester City example. Always a winner! Now I think of it you’re right. I didn’t have Leicester City down to win the 15/16 PL. I don’t think many gave them much of a chance even into the February or March of that year. But do you know what? They bloody did it! And so whenever anybody tries to make any sort of footballing point between now and the end of time the other person in the argument will always be able to say “yeah, but Leicester won the league that time. Argument won!”.

Come on. Leicester was a freak year. Something of that scale will never happen again. Plus as well as being organized (like this current Burnley side are), they also had some quality break out players (vardy kante Mahrez) who no one had hardly heard of before that season. It all came together for them and opposition all under-performed. It was the perfect storm and just because that happened does not mean burnley are champions league contenders. Their mahrez is Hendrick, their vardy is Vokes, and their kante is jack cork.

None of the big 6 will ever give Dyche a job as manager. Half of our fans are saying he’s not good enough, others are threatening to boycott games. Look at the state we’re currently in and look at what people are saying. In this country he would never get a bigger job. You could say Newcastle (because they have a bigger stadium) but I don’t class the geordies as a big club. You might, I don’t know.

His best chance of “making it” would be everton. It depends how big his balls are as to him actually taking it. As I said before we’ll see...

Yeah it would be awful to average 6th place over his time in charge.

Well im not interested in listening to 10 years worth of, 7th is the best that we can aim for, and putting up with 10 years worth, of bottling the really big matches.Dyche should do a good job at consolidating our premiership position and keeping us stable.But let's not muddy the waters here.The aim for this football club is to win trophies, and be regular top four contenders, with a view to competing for league titles further down the line.A decades worth of 7th and 6th place finishes though?That doesn't interest me at all.This is Everton not Stoke City.

Status
Not open for further replies.