Sean Dyche

Would you be happy with Sean Dyche??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont get it. He is in a decent run of form, granted, but he has been there 5 seasons, or years, whatever. His mitts are all over the club and the team. He has no track record of short term fixes, at all.

Which is what we need.
I see him as a long term solution...but yes...I can see others do that too. Im more worried about the fact that we wont be getting our man in time. Everton need to act fast.

I just dont get it. He is in a decent run of form, granted, but he has been there 5 seasons, or years, whatever. His mitts are all over the club and the team. He has no track record of short term fixes, at all.

Which is what we need.

It's Burnley mate, how do you judge him? They were chronic before he got there. He has worked miracles to be in the league now he's over achieving with them. He's improved many of their players, organised them, got them playing to a tactic got them working like maniacs, installed a team spirit. All with a squad that's Championship level bar the odd player. He's over achieved. Unearthed some bargains. Does he have it going forward to excite the fans? Probably not. But we are in an utter mess he's the best candidate to stabilise out of him and dodgy Sam for me. I'd love Tuchel or Silva but both would be a Martinez shaped risk given the mess of our backline. He's more qualified than Moyes was before he got here. I would take three or four one nils right now ?

Last edited:
Good question but I think it’s unrealistic to suggest burnley will actually make europe next season. The top 6 is basically done this season and getting Europe with 7th relies on top 6 teams winning the fa and league cups. Despite burnley’s good form I doubt they’d end up 7th in May anyway. Don’t get me wrong, top 8-10 would be a great achievement with that squad. Players and manager will have both done well.

The big question for me is would Dyche back himself at Everton with our players. They do not fit the style that has made him successful. To be fair we don’t really fit anyone’s style as if I was asked to describe us in 3 words they would be: small, weak and slow. Hardly a winning formula. 3 more words to describe our attitude would be: fragile, lazy and nervous. Again not great.

However, Everton are the biggest job Dyche would ever get given his team’s playing style and his persona. If he ever wanted to go higher than the Everton job he’d have to take it, show he could get a side with bigger resources actually playing decent football and move on from there. Plus no matter how well he did with us he’d make an absolute wedge. I’m sure he’s not badly paid at burnley but we’d blow whatever they can offer out of the water.

He’d not be my favorite for the job but I’d prefer him to big fat Sam. Plus what we need now is some sort of organization and team spirit. We’ll see I guess...

It was unrealistic to suggest Leicester City could win the Premier League. And how many people would have thought we would be in the position we are in right now? Things happen in football, as in life in general, that are unexpected and go against the "norm". But I guess what I was really saying was that in staying with Burnley he will be doing himself, his career, and his reputation more favours than he would by taking on what would be a massive task at Everton. In taking the Everton job, I feel Dyche would just be coming to Goodison to euthanise his Career and reputation.

I'm sure if Dyche keeps doing what he's doing at Burnley, he will get the chance at a bigger Club. A couple of decent finishes in the League will see to that. But who knows? Football being football, Burnley could get into Europe this Season and get relegated next Season.

Sean Dyche is not my first choice either, to be honest. But when I look around I don't see anyone that jumps out at me as the man for the job. Like I stated in another thread, how do you motivate and lift a bunch millionaires who have lost confidence and have become somewhat apathetic?

Let's hope it gets sorted out sooner rather than later, and we get winning some games and have something to cheer about again.

It's Burnley mate, how do you judge him? They were chronic before he got there. He has worked miracles to be in the league now he's over achieving with them. He's improved many of their players, organised them, got them playing to a tactic got them working like maniacs, installed a team spirit. All with a squad that's Championship level bar the odd player. He's over achieved. Unearthed some bargains. Does he have it going forward to excite the fans? Probably not. But we are in an utter mess he's the best candidate to stabilise out of him and dodgy Sam for me. I'd love Tuchel or Silva but both would be a Martinez shaped risk given the mess of our backline. He's more qualified than Moyes was before he got here. I would take three or four one nils right now ?

We cannot get short term solution either that wouldn't work for us. Too risky.

And thats the conundrum.

You are both right. Or wrong. Horrible times.

Status
Not open for further replies.