Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel
Hibbert Browning Distin Garbutt
Atsu Gibson Besic Oviedo
Eto'o
Kone the unstoppable goal machine.

Dunc to replace Kone at half time.

Can't believe we've got to travel to Russia and play Thursday night then have the early game Sunday. Should be on Monday night or give us the late game Sunday at the very least. What is wrong with the PL?

Allegedly Coleman was given to the last second to be considered fit for the derby, he wasn't, so wasn't risked.

That'll be ready for a run in Russia then.

Osman didn't get a look, so he'll start.

Oviedo got a run in the CC. Expect at least 45 minutes.

Outside bet, we get to see Kone for 45 minutes.

Gibson will feature.

Now fill in the blanks.

????
Coleman ???? Distin ????
???? Osman Gibson Oviedo
???? Kone​
Wouldn't be so sure on Coleman, you could say he wouldn't be risked for an arduous trip to Russia either. Given the amount of minutes Hibbert has taken on in the last week, and his cameo performance in the derby, I would now actually be surprised not to see Browning get the nod at right back.

Otherwise I reckon you could be right, just a case of filling in the blanks.

As far as a prediction goes, something like this I think:

Robles (If not now... when?)
Browning Alcaraz Distin Garbutt
McGeady Gibson Barry Oviedo
Osman
Eto'o

Subs: Stanek, Jagielka, Baines, McCarthy, Atsu, Naismith, Kone

Possibly McCarthy for Barry, Atsu for McGeady or Naismith for Eto'o. I do however think that will be the 18 (Galloway might travel?). That means the following are rested at home:

Howard
Hibbert (maybe Hibbert will go instead of Baines cos he can play both sides?)
Stones
Coleman
Besic
Barkley (Inj)
Mirallas (Inj)
Pienaar (Inj)
Lukaku

Not too sure why there is so much negative towards the Utd game, yes we've not been great but they ain't great at all, they weren't exactly convincing against West Ham at the weekend.

Krasnodar are not easy team to be playing as people having been saying, they are unbeaten I believe this season and don't concede many goals. I'd take abit of a mixture of players for this one. We need to be looking at winning this game, and get through the group early on and then look to make the full team changes for the remaining group games which have no meaning.

Martinez doesn't just view this as an extra game which we should just throw squad players into, we've got a good a chance as any body of going far in the competition, so can't see him making a whole host of changes.

I'd stick with a fairly strong team and get the win, remain top of the group, and take the momentum into the Utd game.

Assuming no Coleman, Pienaar, Barkley I'd go for a strong team with a couple of changes

Howard

Hibbo
Distin
Stones
Oviedo

Gibson
McCarthy
Besic
McGeedy

Naismith
Eto

Status