Team vs Krasnodar

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/muhamed-besic-born-big-stage-7860869
Martinez faces a decision on whether Seamus Coleman, Sylvain Distin and Steven Pienaar will board the flight to Russia, with the trio still injury doubts.

And with a testing trip to Old Trafford on Sunday the Catalan concedes he will rotate his side again for tomorrow’s game, something to which supporters will have to become accustomed.

One key member of his squad who will be in Russia is Phil Jagielka, with the skipper still on a high after rescuing a point from the derby with that memorable late goal.

I think that "doing a Swansea" would be stoopid but it would be good to rest a few legs if we can.
So, I think the following would be a reasonable compromise:-
Robles
Hibbert Stones Jags Oviedo
Osman Gibson Besic
Mcgeady Rom Naismith
Bring the following off the bench later - Etoo (Rom), Garbutt (Oviedo) and Atsu (Naismith).

Going 4-3-3 and with an experienced defence to keep it tight.
If Oviedo/Naismith on one side or Osman/McGeady on the other can get a few balls into Rom then we could nick a goal or two.

It'd be a pretty bold move but I'd love to see Ledson get some game time. I doubt he'll be in the 18 come tomorrow and will just be flying for the experience but I'd love to see him play.

Joel, Howard, Garbutt, Stones, Browning, Alcaraz, Jagielka, Baines, Hibbert, Oviedo, Besic, Gibson, Barry, Osman, Ledson, McGeady, Atsu, Naismith, Eto'o, Lukaku.

It's reasonable to assume that Ledson and perhaps Garbutt (or Browning) are there for the experience (having Baines and Oviedo in the travelling party suggests Luke won't make the final 18)

Having left Macca behind suggests he'll go with Gibbo and Barry in front of the back 4 - will probably put his faith in McGeady (for Mirallas, injured) and Besic did well enough to warrant selection - looks like he'll go with..

Howard
Hibbert (probably) Stones Jags Baines
Barry, Gibson, Besic, McGeady
Naismith, Lukaku

Bench
Joel, Atsu, Browning, Alcaraz, Osman, Oviedo, Eto'o - all "the vowels" on their a.. to start with

Despite the lack of craft that's still 15 internationals (10 starting).

- likely to use Browning for Hibbert, Osman and Eto'o for McGeady and AN Other

With their star player suspended that will help us a bit.

I think we'll go there and play our second string. And I also think we'll be on the receiving end of a good rodgering up the jacksie. I'd take a point all day long if you offered it now.

Howard
Browning Stones Jagielka Oviedo
Gibson Besic Barry
Atsu Eto'o McGeady

I think he'll go full strength though with McGeady and Atsu on the wings and Naisy in behind Rom. Fair play to Roberto whatever he does, I want to win this thing and it would be a massive win if we could get three points out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.