Team vs Krasnodar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly sounds like you are saying that sir.

Again where do I say "next season"?
I don't and not my problem you assume that from my post. Like I said to your reply "it's s downward spiral" you finish 10th and suddenly the club's a good couple of million down, theirs less to spend if any on players, you can't attract the better calibre of players and suddenly your not placed in the top bracket. Players don't feel like the club is moving forward and then all it takes is a bid from a team with European football and the envitable happens.

To argue otherwise and to argue without European football we can attract the same calibre of player, we can convince our better players to stick around and to have as much money to spend as with European football is deluded.

End of the day this is our toughest group game out of SIX matches, in which we have just pumped our biggest opponent 4-1 and have the best team and strike force in the group. Also with the top 4 even more achievable than it was last season and playing one of our top 4 rival away just 3 days after to not use the squad for a 2000 mile journey is absurd.

Again where do I say "next season"?
I don't and not my problem you assume that from my post. Like I said to your reply "it's s downward spiral" you finish 10th and suddenly the club's a good couple of million down, theirs less to spend if any on players, you can't attract the better calibre of players and suddenly your not placed in the top bracket. Players don't feel like the club is moving forward and then all it takes is a bid from a team with European football and the envitable happens.

To argue otherwise and to argue without European football we can attract the same calibre of player, we can convince our better players to stick around and to have as much money to spend as with European football is deluded.

End of the day this is our toughest group game out of SIX matches, in which we have just pumped our biggest opponent 4-1 and have the best team and strike force in the group. Also with the top 4 even more achievable than it was last season and playing one of our top 4 rival away just 3 days after to not use the squad for a 2000 mile journey is absurd.

except i didnt argue any of that. in fact all i did was call you negative. sorry you've wasted time writing all that.

Howard

Browning---Stones---Jagielka---Oviedo

McGeady---Besic---Gibson---Atsu

Pienaar (if fit)

Eto'o

I'd rest Lukaku, Naismith, McCarthy and Barry for Sunday, we need all three points against United. Same with Coleman, give him an extra few days to make sure he's 100%, plus Browning deserves a start.

Hopefully Pienaar is fit and we can play him in the no.10 role, I think could do very well there for us against these Russians because he'll get time on the ball to try things. Big shame we've lost Mirallas for the time being but that side I've named should be strong enough to win if they all turn up.

Howard

Browning---Stones---Jagielka---Oviedo

McGeady---Besic---Gibson---Atsu

Pienaar (if fit)

Eto'o

I'd rest Lukaku, Naismith, McCarthy and Barry for Sunday, we need all three points against United. Same with Coleman, give him an extra few days to make sure he's 100%, plus Browning deserves a start.

Hopefully Pienaar is fit and we can play him in the no.10 role, I think could do very well there for us against these Russians because he'll get time on the ball to try things. Big shame we've lost Mirallas for the time being but that side I've named should be strong enough to win if they all turn up.

I like this lineup but would rest Jagielka for Distin. Guessing Osman will be in there. Definitely agree to give Lukaku, Naismith, McCarthy, and Barry a rest. Sucks that we've lost Mirallas.

I think we will see

Howard
Browning Garbutt Distin Oviedo
Mcgeady Besic Gibson Atsu
Osman
Eto'o

It will be enough to beat them. The newer/younger lot will have learnt from the other day i'm sure.

Should we rest the majority of the team for this or go with full strength out of what we had? I'd go with: Howard; Browning, Jagielka, Stones, Baines; Gibson, Besic; McGeady, Osman, Atsu; Eto'o with a bench of Joel, Hibbert, Alcaraz, Oviedo, Kone, McCarthy, Naismith

I like this but would start Oviedo over Baines and have Kone come on for Eto'o in minute 60 regardless of how Eto'o is doing. Would also consider Alcaraz for Jags (gotta give him a game at some point instead of forcing him in after someone's injured)

I may even be tempted to give Joel a run too.

I will miss this game due to school, 11 a.m. start in the states for me but I hope Kone gets a start. It will be like a new signing. Haha, I think he'll be big for us in Europe.

It's the traveling, jet lagg and lack of prep for UTD that is the problem more so than the extra game on the legs.

For me I'd leave at home Howard, Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku and Naismith.

..................Robles.....................
.Browning..Alcaraz.Distin..Garbutt.
..............Gibson..Besic...............
..Atsu............Osman......Pienaar..
...................Eto'o......................

Janick Hibbert Oviedo Ledson McGeady Long Kone

Ledson is an interesting one. Sounded like he was in line to play for the first team before he went away with England last year. I wonder if we'll see anything of him this year?!

It's the traveling, jet lagg and lack of prep for UTD that is the problem more so than the extra game on the legs.

For me I'd leave at home Howard, Coleman, Jags, Stones, Baines, McCarthy, Barry, Lukaku and Naismith.

That's my team apart from mcgeady for Atsu and oviedo for pienaar. Think we need to get at Utds fragile defence look at the problems vardy caused them with his pace and with mirallas out atsu is the only winger we have really with alot of pace.

Naismith mcgeady and pienaar will be closed down and lukaku will be isolated we need that bright spark on the wings

You don't get jetlag on a flight to western Russia mate, it's less than a 4 hour flight lol

That's my team apart from mcgeady for Atsu and oviedo for pienaar. Think we need to get at Utds fragile defence look at the problems vardy caused them with his pace and with mirallas out atsu is the only winger we have really with alot of pace.

Naismith mcgeady and pienaar will be closed down and lukaku will be isolated we need that bright spark on the wings

Yep see what your saying but would think atsu regardless of playing the weekend or not could do with the minutes on the pitch. Same with pienaar and Oveido.

Get them all some game time if possible.

Is Pienaar fit? We need him back.

I would go with a mix of experience and back up players. This is an important game for us but if we can get a draw then it's a great result considering the circumstances. We just need to avoid defeat here.

I would go with:

----------------------Robles---------------------

Browning------Jagielka-------Distin-----Oviedo

---------------Besic-----------Gibson-------------

McGeady----------------------------------Pienaar

-----------------Naismith-------------------------

------------------------------Eto'o-----------------

If Pienaar isn't ready then i'd play Baines at left back and Oviedo on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.