Team vs Krasnodar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to be giving Browning and Garbutt a start here, maybe even Ledson; surely he's got to be resting our important players for United with the league start we've had. I'm not worried about getting out of our group and this is a good chance to give some youngsters a chance. I just hope he either plays our promising U21s or plays a decent first team, doing a bit of each seems to result in a really unbalanced performance as seen at Swansea.

Think we're getting to a stage already in the season that we NEED the points on the board in the league More so than an away EL fixture in Russia.

Tricky games over in Russia regardless of the quality of the opposition. I think there's as much chance that a squad selected team can get a point as there is the first 11 getting a point.

This would definately be my gamble game on the selection. And TBF with the likes of alcaraz, Distin, Garbutt, Gibson, Besic, Oveido, Osman, Eto'o, Atsu, maybe pienaar, McGeady, Coleman, Hibbert....there's enough quality there to get a positive result.

Robles
Browning Jags/Alcaraz Distin Garbutt
McGeady Besic Gibson Oviedo
Osman
Eto'o

Subs: Howard/Stanek, Hibbo, Jags/Alcaraz, McCarthy, Naismith, Kone, Atsu

Playing a weakened team against Swansea didn't really work out so well did it? I'd go pretty much full strength maybe just rest one or two if anyone's particularly knackered.
i agree with this we were a shambles versus swansea, lets maybe bring in 1 or 2 not totally change the side, maybe browning and oviedo and probably gibson for barry, i wouldnt want to go there with a totally changed team, we need to build confidence and get in a decent run of form not get beat badly again. players dont need resting already, lets try and get another 3 points here.

I'm looking forward to this as long we don't show too much arrogance like we did with Crystal Palace; thinking this team will be easy because they won't be..

This may have been why they looked impressive.

Wolfsburg far better, in my opinion.
Well Sociedad are a decent team, and Krasnodar smashed them quite well.

Ex-Levski player in there, so I follow him basically, one of the better players to play in Bulgaria in the last 6-7 years...

Howard;
Browning; Stones; Distin; Oviedo;
Besic; Gibson; Osman;
McGeady; Eto'o; Atsu;

Not into resting everyone in Europe, even in these circumstances. A medium to strong team should be put out with balance being the key. Swansea match showed you can't just play your second 11 cold and expect them to gel. Alcaraz, Hibbert, Kone and the likes of Garbutt or McAleny can be brought on if the job is done.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.