Mirror Football's coverage of Everton - a conversation with a top Mirror journo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone buy the daily mirror? I don't buy any newspaper due to getting far more detailed news from the internet but seriously this Lipton idiot is peddling false information, and getting paid well I would imagine. I realise there have been campaigns to remove the t*ts from some newspapers, but it appears they are writing the sports headlines in one redtop!

Hahaha, just seen that he is Chief Football writer for The Mirror. Somebody call Leveson...

Shows how little papers/journo's know & how little information they have when sensationalise rumours to sell papers. I haven't bought a newspaper for about 2-3 years now, mainly because of the constant Baines to Man United Mirror b*llocks.

They know about as much regarding transfers as me or you but somehow get paid to report complete & utter b*llocks. Imagine general news was reported in the same manner.

No wonder we've never been bought out really is it. I mean every media outlet insists we are a small time outfit and the constant belittling of us must put of investors, sponsors, new fans.

Omg that lukaku headline. Isn't even subtle is it. The reason they treat us like beeeep, the reason it was baines and jags fault instead of slippy and fat boy at the World Cup the reason they sell our players and not Utds the reason we're a 'small' club even though we're still one of the most successful is simple if they did it to the RS or Utd or Chelski they'd sell way less papers. So because most Chelski fans didn't want lukaku to leave the story becomes all about them and Jose and shows him and us in a negative light. Keeping Chelski fans buying their lies at least we see the truth lads. We'll win the league next year and they'll still be talkin about utd or the RS.

It is all nonsense as someone suggested, but unfortunately it shapes images and perceptions of football clubs, because nearly 3m people buy the Mirror on a daily basis.

Everton are desperately trying to change their image and perception. They sign up all their best players to lengthy deals and smash their transfer record, yet the Mirror still focuses on another club, making disparaging remarks, denigrating Everton and even worse, questioning the player and his attitude. Did anyone hear one single thing about this supposed 'bad attitude' that Lukaku has, at Everton last season? Because I didn't.

Mourinho is a bad, bad tit, and the Mirror is just as bad. They cannot bring themselves to write a positive Everton story because they have been wrong at every single turn this year - Baines, Coleman, Barry, Barkley, Lukaku. Hell, even as late as this morning, Lipton was still talking about Everton not being able to afford Lukaku and how we 'might get him on loan'. The guy is a biased hack. No time for him at all after this saga.

Just funny that in American media its nothing more than pictures of Rom hugging Bobby and Everton's record spend while the trash London-centric journalism in this country prints this garbage.

EDIT: Rubbish for those of you unfortunately stuck with it.

Tbf to Lipton he was actually right about the 30m price tag and there probably was some late stubbornness on the part of Chelski about us paying it

Status
Not open for further replies.