Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also possible that teams like Besiktas, Porto, Lille, Bilbao, Leverkusen, or Napoli could drop down into the Europa group stages. All of whom would probably go straight into the top seed group and therefore be possible opponents.

Arsenal too mate, although think you can't be drawn in a group against a team from the same nation

Porto or Napoli would be cracking games

I thought it was group runners up face CL drop outs in the R of 32?

So surely we could face anyone past the R of 32 even if we win the group?

I thought the 12 group-winners and the 4 best third-ranked teams in the Champions League group stage are drawn against the 12 group runners-up and the remaining third-ranked teams in the Champions League group stage.

I thought it was group runners up face CL drop outs in the R of 32?

So surely we could face anyone past the R of 32 even if we win the group?

I thought the 8 champions league drop out played against each other in the first knockout round, best 4 drawn against lowest 4 whilst the other 24 teams played winners drawn against runners up, then last 16 it became unseeded ;/

I'd love us to get to the business end of this competition. Semis as a minimum requirement.

Actually that's dangerously ambitious. Get out of the group and then see how we go.

I thought the 12 group-winners and the 4 best third-ranked teams in the Champions League group stage are drawn against the 12 group runners-up and the remaining third-ranked teams in the Champions League group stage.

I thought the 8 champions league drop out played against each other in the first knockout round, best 4 drawn against lowest 4 whilst the other 24 teams played winners drawn against runners up, then last 16 it became unseeded ;/

Well I'm confused now hahaha

But my point is that I'm quite sure that we can be drawn against anyone in the QF.

The 24 clubs qualified from the group stage will be joined by the 8 clubs that
finish the group stage of the UEFA Champions League in third position (see
paragraph 2.05d)).
7.08 The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw. This round is
played under the knockout system, on a home and away basis (two legs). The
UEFA administration ensures that the following principles are respected.
a) Clubs from the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
b) The 12 UEFA Europa League group-winners and the 4 best third-ranked
teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage are drawn against the
12 UEFA Europa League group runners-up and the remaining third-ranked
teams in the UEFA Champions League group stage.
c) The winners and runners-up of the same group cannot be drawn against
each other.
d) The UEFA Europa League group-winners and the four best third-ranked in
the UEFA Champions League group stage play the return leg at home.
from UEFA, I'm working today so have dropped off holiday requests for the 3 days around each group stage match, then I can cancel for the home games.Happy days.

But my point is that I'm quite sure that we can be drawn against anyone in the QF.

In a two legged game with one at Goodison mate we can knock anyone out if we turn up, the Arsenal, Chelsea, United results showed that over this season

In a two legged game with one at Goodison mate we can knock anyone out if we turn up, the Arsenal, Chelsea, United results showed that over this season

Status
Not open for further replies.