Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we win at Wolfsburg we have won the group with a game to go. Even a draw will see us defo get into the knockout stages and even then possible winner on GD

If we do win in Germany it will give Bobby a chance to try out a few new players in the final home game, and also since it will be a meaningless game i hope the club make it cheap

I imagine the tickets will already be available and started selling for Krasnodar before Wolfsburg. Thats what happened with the BATE game last time. A win in Greece sent us through, but we'd already started selling tickets for BATE. Then we won in Greece, 2nd spot guaranteed, no chance of 1st, and the BATE game became a bit of a farce. Not so much about putting the kids out, that was fair enough as we had a LOT of injury problems that season, but the fact people were paying quite a bit a few weeks before Christmas to basically watch the kids. Think thats the lowest crowd Ive ever seen at a first team game.

I imagine the tickets will already be available and started selling for Krasnodar before Wolfsburg. Thats what happened with the BATE game last time. A win in Greece sent us through, but we'd already started selling tickets for BATE. Then we won in Greece, 2nd spot guaranteed, no chance of 1st, and the BATE game became a bit of a farce. Not so much about putting the kids out, that was fair enough as we had a LOT of injury problems that season, but the fact people were paying quite a bit a few weeks before Christmas to basically watch the kids. Think thats the lowest crowd Ive ever seen at a first team game.

With our squad being significantly bigger and better now than when we played BATE Borisov. If we are group winners come the Krasnodar game I feel we could afford to put more of a B side out rather than a side which resembles a pre season friendly against Tranmere.

I notice Wolfsburg Away has sold out, does that include the restricted view tickets what were mentioned or are they due to be released in the coming days?

If we win at Wolfsburg we have won the group with a game to go. Even a draw will see us defo get into the knockout stages and even then possible winner on GD

If we do win in Germany it will give Bobby a chance to try out a few new players in the final home game, and also since it will be a meaningless game i hope the club make it cheap

Yep a draw in Germany would do, then we beat Krasnodar at home to win the group.

A massive bonus would be Lille drawing in Russia, then we are guaranteed at least 2nd. Then we beat Kras and win group, or hope Lille can do us a favour vs Wolfsburg at home.

I can see us playing a similar game to Lille away, just determined not to get beat. Wolfsburg are a better team now than when we beat them 4-1, I think we got lucky by playing them first, and at home. They are flying in the Bundesliga and just put 9 goals past Krasnodar.

Then whatever happens, we'll draw Liverpool in the knockouts anyway lol

Yep a draw in Germany would do, then we beat Krasnodar at home to win the group.

A massive bonus would be Lille drawing in Russia, then we are guaranteed at least 2nd. Then we beat Kras and win group, or hope Lille can do us a favour vs Wolfsburg at home.

I can see us playing a similar game to Lille away, just determined not to get beat. Wolfsburg are a better team now than when we beat them 4-1, I think we got lucky by playing them first, and at home. They are flying in the Bundesliga and just put 9 goals past Krasnodar.

Then whatever happens, we'll draw Liverpool in the knockouts anyway lol

Real shame they'll get knocked out of their second European comp then
:D

Huge for us to win the group, as it stands, if we win the group we'd face one of...

Runners up and 4 worst 3rd Place teams from CL:
Villarreal, Torino, Spurs (Can't face), Celtic, PSV Eindhoven, Dnipro, Wolfsburg (can't face), Feyenoord, Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest, Guingamp, Trabzonspor, Liverpool (can't face), Anderlecht, Ajax and BATE Borisov.

There's a load of really beatable teams there (and boss trips), and we'd get home advantage.

Should we finish runners up...

Borussia Monchengladbach, Club Brugge, Besiktas, RB Salzburg, Dynamo Moscow, Internazionale, Sevilla, Napoli, Dynamo Kiev, Fiorentina, Legia Warsaw, Juventus, Zenit St. Petersburg, CSKA Moscow and Sporting Lisbon are who'd we'd potentially face.

You've got to beat the best to win it, but at least lets have an 'easy' draw first... I'm looking at Guingamp, Sparta, Torino and BATE there.

Will be a disaster if Liverpool drop in to the EL too, as despite being in the EL from the start, if we're both drawn at home on the same night, we'll be shafted and forced to play on a Tuesday, with a 5:45KO again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.