Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what separates us from Kopites is that we can acknowledge the faults of our own, as we're knowledgeable football fans.

It's perfectly reasonable for Evertonians to point out that he's been poor since he got the cap. It's not a pop at Ossie as such, it's a pop at how the England set up works.

Mrk got it right with the very first response to this thread.

I'm not saying we can't critique our players at all, might just be nice to actually congratulate a player of ours possibly getting his first competitive cap Tubey.

I think what separates us from Kopites is that we can acknowledge the faults of our own, as we're knowledgeable football fans.

It's perfectly reasonable for Evertonians to point out that he's been poor since he got the cap. It's not a pop at Ossie as such, it's a pop at how the England set up works.

Mrk got it right with the very first response to this thread.

You don't actually believe that, do you ?

There's plenty of clueless people supporting both teams. The only difference is that Liverpool have millions of international fans who just see the positive in the club.

A lot of our supporters insist we play better with Neville on the pitch lol

The England squad doesn't get picked on performances.

the fact the captain is over the hill says it all really. Ah well, he's played every minuet by brendan rodger so he's definitely still good enough :s osman was good for us the first month after his call up, but he clearly needs a rest - international break would have been a good time - typically he's been picked.

anyway, well done ossie

Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

I take it you're not one of these fans who wanted some fresh faces then. Carrick and cleverly and milner hardly world beaters are they or is it because they play for top 4 sides? walcott, lennon, ox and young are wingers not even vying for the same position. gerrard and lampard have been the fulcrum of a very under performing midfield at international level for a decade. so basically scott parker is more deserving.

If that's the best england have to offer on your list then ossie is in good company he's just as good as most of those.

He looks knackered and has done since Christmas. Really could have done with having the international break off, that said I doubt he'll get much/if any time on the pitch.

Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley, Steven Gerrard, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young.

How many that haven't been called up alongside Osman? (Excluding Wilshere as he is injured)

The whole team has had a dipp in form so why ossie is taking more flack I don't know.

This has been his best season for Everton. Don't suppose long direct balls to fellaini really help his game either.

Really? I thought Ossie was better in the Europa Fiorentina season. Whatever one that was. Great player though and a proper Evertonian. Need people like him in the team.

I find the timing of these international call ups a little strange. He's been below his usual standard in the previous couple of months.

He's been poor since his first call up. Shows how poor the England set up is really. Have a feeling though if Moyes used the squad a bit more he wouldn't be playing so poorly though.

Osman's gone from being one of the more underrated players at Everton to far and away the most overrated. You'd think he was Iniesta listening to some Blues.

I do like seeing him in the England squad though. Worse players have picked up dozens of caps in recent times (P. Neville, Heskey, Vassell, etc), and he'll do fine at international level because most of the matches pass by without anything happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.