Leon Osman

Useful squad player ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Osman's gone from being one of the more underrated players at Everton to far and away the most overrated. You'd think he was Iniesta listening to some Blues.

I do like seeing him in the England squad though. Worse players have picked up dozens of caps in recent times (P. Neville, Heskey, Vassell, etc), and he'll do fine at international level because most of the matches pass by without anything happening.

I wouldn't go that far, I personally feel he is getting the respect he deserves now. He has been a great servant to the club and is about to make his 300th start. Not many players who make that many starts for one club gets the stick and disrespect that Osman has.

if he has looked tired since xmas and we can all see that then why cant moyes see it. He should have got hung for his decision to leave gibson out last week against wigan instead of neville. These kind of decisions make me feel that we need new ideas at the helm as moyes has took us as far as he can. I will still be as passionate as ever for everton but that is just my opinion of my beloved team
Aren't they the ones already in?!

That makes no sense to the arguement.

Funniest thing I have read on here for a while. I shouldn't have to tell you this but HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

If you want mediocre then fine feel free to continue backing him. I want better, in fact no I demand better. He is average at best . Watching his little legs furiously spinning like Barney Rumbles whilst getting completely left behind reminds me of the time bandits only they were entertaining whereas he just makes me want whip him up.

He HAS to go in the summer

Er... If Zlatan didn't bag a mega hattrick against England, Osman was man of the match against Sweden.

He's lightweight and he has a shot of a 9 year old girl, but his touch, skill and technique are premiership class - he's got the best 1st touch of the entire 1st team and is intelligent. The RS spent 30million on 2 Osman's to be honest in Allen and Henderson... In fact I'd have Osman over both of them

As for an international, he's well suited to it. Its less physical and there's more space suited to his game. He's also comfortable in possession and holds the ball well, doesn't panic, which has been missing for years. If you look at the England set up, there's only Wilshire and Carrick as central midfield players who can hold the ball and keep it. Gerrard and Lampards are full on attacking players but can't keep possession. You need that balance and Osman certainly fits it.

You might not like him, but I do. If anything for that goal he scored against Man City when he out jumped Kompany from just in the box and headed it over Joe Hart

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far, I personally feel he is getting the respect he deserves now. He has been a great servant to the club and is about to make his 300th start. Not many players who make that many starts for one club gets the stick and disrespect that Osman has.

He deserves respect, of course, but a lot of people have ignored the fact he's been garbage for months.

If they cant tell that he cut across the ball and meant to get swerve on it I pity them.

Clearly he got a little luck with the amount of swerve it created, but he defo meant it, next they will be claiming its a cross.

I tend not to give things like this much thought.
I think they're about right, to be honest. I've never seen Osman shoot like that before (or since).

Status
Not open for further replies.