Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what about his ambition, you cant say this is a negative trait.

But with African Nations coming in and needing a RW more, he not ticking the boxes.
His ambition to move to another club who isn’t going to win much, might qualify for Europa and will probably slap 50% on top of his wages at Palace. Not for me, I’d go for hungry players and not ones who have already had the big move and failed

@Eggs im not a fan of his either.

Dont you think though it could be a case of him downing tools this season and also with him being Palaces key player hes going to be double marked...

@Alan Whittle has he downed tools? Whats the view from Palace fans side...is he morphing into Bolasie?

Dont you think though it could be a case of him downing tools this season and also with him being Palaces key player hes going to be double marked...

@Alan Whittle has he downed tools? Whats the view from Palace fans side...is he morphing into Bolasie?

...possibly, but I’ve never been a fan, Zat. So many of his mazy runs are without purpose. I see him going infield, beating a couple of players rather than concentrating on getting goal side of his marker. He’s somebody i badge as a ‘complicated’ footballer, fans like him because he’s got tricks but he’s not for me.

He hasn't downed tools but he's playing like he knows he's off in the summer. He has always been doubled up on, sometimes with a third as cover and in seasons past that hasn't mattered because he will have generally managed to put a consequently free Palace player in. Zaha is looking poorer this season because (for me) Palace are poorer, with other players not making the best of his undoubted skills. Also, he plays better with another wide player, Bolasie initially, and latterly Andros Townsend, who has been injured for some time. Their presence would bring the best out of him.
Not sure his expectations of a move (or ours!) are going to come to fruition. I expect to see him in Spain / Italy / Germany next season.

But what about his ambition, you cant say this is a negative trait.

But with African Nations coming in and needing a RW more, he not ticking the boxes.

Surely if you do want a move instead of downing tools you should be playing out of your skin so big teams notice? Hardly any big club will stump up for him after this season. Downing tools is counterproductive.

Surely if you do want a move instead of downing tools you should be playing out of your skin so big teams notice? Hardly any big club will stump up for him after this season. Downing tools is counterproductive.
Completely agree...if that is in fact what he is doing.

Gana was again a great example of how to act. Never hung his head and worked his tail off until the end of the season.

...possibly, but I’ve never been a fan, Zat. So many of his mazy runs are without purpose. I see him going infield, beating a couple of players rather than concentrating on getting goal side of his marker. He’s somebody i badge as a ‘complicated’ footballer, fans like him because he’s got tricks but he’s not for me.

Cant say I really take too much notice of him unless specifically watching a palace game and the ball always seems to go to him (perhaps as hes the commentators favourite). Hes looked very dangerous in some games and in others ive struggled to see anything past bolasie level frustration.

I wonder if he was Brands, Silva or Moshiris choice of player in the summer.

We sorted now on the left (Iwobi, Bernard, Gordon) and up top so unless we see him on the right i dont think he'll be considered.

He hasn't downed tools but he's playing like he knows he's off in the summer. He has always been doubled up on, sometimes with a third as cover and in seasons past that hasn't mattered because he will have generally managed to put a consequently free Palace player in. Zaha is looking poorer this season because (for me) Palace are poorer, with other players not making the best of his undoubted skills. Also, he plays better with another wide player, Bolasie initially, and latterly Andros Townsend, who has been injured for some time. Their presence would bring the best out of him.
Not sure his expectations of a move (or ours!) are going to come to fruition. I expect to see him in Spain / Italy / Germany next season.

Certainly surprised at the old players throughout your team yesterday. Very old side and doesnt seem like any forward planning to rebuild.

Im surprised Bolasie hasnt been considered by your management seeing as he seems to have been a fan favourite and you go with 2 wide players...and he would be cheap.

Is there any whispering on Bolasie or a permanent deal for the now injured Tosun?

He hasn't downed tools but he's playing like he knows he's off in the summer.

I said some palace fans were saying to me yesterday he’d downed tools . I think your assessment, including the stuff I’ve not included in the quote , is equally accurate . I think saying he’s ‘downed tools’ or is ‘playing like he knows he’s off ‘ is pretty much semantics really . The reality from you lads who know seems to be that he’s not putting the performances in because his mind is elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.