Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely for signing him in the end. I just have concerns on whether we are thinking too short on this deal. For me we should be looking at building a team to compete in three years by signing high potential players or players entering their prime that can grow into a solid unit. A lot of our signing fit that. Zaha just doesn't quite. He's still a good player and I still want him but those are my concerns.

I don't think it's feasible to build solely for peaking in three years. There needs to be a blend of youth and experience or the youth aren't going to develop or have a base to go from when they do hit their prime. There's also the small matter of maintaining supporter / commercial interest and sales in the intervening three years. They've gone for youth in kean, so balancing it up with experience in Zara seems reasonable.

We seem to be flapping around looking, or appearing to look for alternatives. Players already linked with other clubs. From that I would deduce the message to Wilf remains the same; You can go we get a good enough bid, we don't like Everton's bid (either the amount or the structure) but we are working on the basis that they might meet expectations in which case we're trying to get some suitable replacements lined up. Unless all that happens, you'll have to stay for a while longer. None of that seems satisfactory to anyone. I'm not ITK in any way, just my take from what seems to be going on this morning.

With palace now seemingly looking at replacements it suggests to me that a deal may already be in place but palace don’t want the world knowing how much they have to spend. Could be miles off like!

sky coming up with a scenario I don't like.
Iwobi to Everton giving Arsenal another £30m towards the Zaha fee.

This would be so Everton!

Chase a player all summer, knowing a rival team wants him but can't really afford him. Everton buy one of their rivals bit part players for a decent amount and the rival goes and buys the player we have been after all summer with the funds. Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.