Transfer Rumour Zaha with poll

How do you feel about Zaha joining?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave no one in their right mind would pay £100m for Zaha.
I'm a big fan and I'd pay £80m, but that's jt, they are just taking the piss.

Clearly they want him to hand in a transfer request.
He has been at Palace longer than he should have been, and really shouldn't have signed his new contract.
£80m is more than the players worth in this inflated market.
But to then ask for £100m says he isn't going until he forgoes his loyalty bonuses.

I think he's struggling to get the club to structure the upfront payments to Palace. I'd treat as press speculation and gossip any talk that this is going to be a £70M+ fee Palace are asking. They just want cash up front and circa £60M would do it, IMO.
United have 25% cut of any fee, 60m would not do it.

At 80-100mil I don’t think it represents any value. Will sleep quite comfortably if we were to wait till next summer to sign another forward player.

. Yep, Silva won't give a toss about the costs of these players, he's the one who I believe will be pushing for Doucoure, Zaha and Zouma and if they aren't brought in or adequate plan B's he won't be in the best of moods either

Tbf to Brands though he's been excellent at squeezing every last penny out of all the deals so we have to trust him and the board for the last 24 hours that they can deliver for Silva
No problem with the Kean and Gomes signings; Delph I'm underwhelmed by - and not just because of his injury record.

Bottom line: two days to get a CB, RB, RW in (as you say, primary targets and not just a reshuffling of our pack).

At 80-100mil I don’t think it represents any value. Will sleep quite comfortably if we were to wait till next summer to sign another forward player.

I think with Chelseas hands tied, United and Arsenal in transition, we have to try and break that God awful SKY 6 brigade asap.
We have a chance if we get the right signings in before 5pm tomorrow.

If Palace sell Zaha they're relegation candidates, I don't blame them for playing hard ball, but I suspect they're just pushing Zaha into handing in a request. I like Zaha but won't lose any sleep if we don't get him, that amount of money can be spent elsewhere just as effectively IMO.

A player who in the next three seasons (barring injury) will hit his peak; and if he does it for us for a couple of seasons we'd recoup all the fee and then some. A goal scorer and provider, and a player who is genuinely thrilling to watch. I see no down side here. The fee is large but that's the nature of the industry, we cant do anything about that.

A reminder here to everyone to regularly change your passwords, and use strong ones that are difficult to guess, otherwise your account can be hacked like poor Dave.

Status
Not open for further replies.