2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Just like you can't say it could be better and 50 min in 30 games isn't "very well managed", by that logic.
I'd argue that. I think he was brought in and the coaching staff saw he wasn't ready for the premier league and definitely not ready to play in a back to goal number 9 position. Doucoure wasn't going to lose the number 10 spot either. So he's spent the season adapting to a new league, club, country etc, I think personally this is something our club has done well this season. Imagine being thrown to the angry Goodison dars not being at the level required.

I'd argue that. I think he was brought in and the coaching staff saw he wasn't ready for the premier league and definitely not ready to play in a back to goal number 9 position. Doucoure wasn't going to lose the number 10 spot either. So he's spent the season adapting to a new league, club, country etc, I think personally this is something our club has done well this season. Imagine being thrown to the angry Goodison dars not being at the level required.
Done well but still could be better was my point - he could've had more than 1 min a game before this in many games. "Very well managed" this is not, but I suppose any criticism is basically outlawed now that we're back to the good times.

Coming along nicely the lad, big difference from the start of the season to this in his general and impact,, some good coaching clearly evident, he’s also hit the gym, patience required.

….glad he came on ahead of Beto, very positive from Dyche.

Don’t think it was positive … I mean it was more positive than we are used to. I would have liked to see him start the game with DCL instead of doucs or at least come on at half time .

He’s showing signs that he has technical ability ( competed to the rest of the squad ) and that he has awareness etc… I’d like to see more

….i still want to see more attacking threat. Just little things like the drive he hit over the bar, i was wanting him to go across the goal as the good strikers do. He’s certainly better in possession than Beto and encouraging that Dyche brought him on for DCL, I was really wanting him to do that.

He has had a couple of similar attempts from that kind of position, both aimed near post and wide but if on target would have probably caused the keeper an issue.

I think its easy to say after the fact but if hed have been played behind DCL yesterday rather than Doucoure...i would expect he'd have also scored. Perhaps more than one.

In a summer where we clearly need to make some sales, I’d be seeing if anyone in Serie A wants to take Beto back to Italy and have Chermiti as back up next season. He’s got more technical ability and has done well in recent games.

Have to sell Beto. Hes not good enough & Chermiti seems better.

Also need to sell Maupay.

Then with one year on his deal, we probably should sell DCL also.

Many laugh at me for saying this...but it seems quite obvious -- if we find buyers for the three they should be sold.

Put the cash together and sign a replacement starter while selling all 3 + have Chsrmiti as backup.

I think we overestimated how raw Chermiti is and underestimated how raw Beto is.

100%

Really liked seeing him take players on dribbling wise.

I feel he and Dobbin are currently our most exciting attacking players.