2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

I agree with the point that we paid top dollar for him (albeit with beneficial payment terms on the never never - we haven't even started paying for him yet!) but we had DCL, we had Beto and we had Danjuma ahead of him. Clearly this was a kid who would be destined to play a bit part at most this season and that's the way it has turned out.

I would have liked to have seen Dyche give him 10/15 minutes each game to allow him to grow. Problem is we never get 2/3 nil up to blood players when the pressure is off. That I can understand in part from Dyche that he wants as tried and tested as it can be whilst we are in it. I just think you are being unfair on him, his price tag is not his fault and how he's been used isn't either. He's not a wonderkid as they'd be at a different club, he needs time to fill out, get stronger, get game time and then see where he is at.

Likely he will go on loan if Dyche continues to ignore him and we'll eventually turn a profit on him, which I think is ultimately what the long term plan was.

….if he can’t break into this side, I’d give him very little chance of having a future at Everton. Posters on here are obviously seeing something in him which is encouraging. A loan would be an admission of failure.

….if he can’t break into this side, I’d give him very little chance of having a future at Everton. Posters on here are obviously seeing something in him which is encouraging. A loan would be an admission of failure.

Haven't seen enough of him to see or not see something. You are an intelligent bloke, do you think there is more or less pressure on a player when there is the 'first' choice (& second & third) sat on the bench as you are pushed ahead of them because they cannot score? How much we as a fan base would groan if he misses because we should have played Beto or DCL instead. It's a lot of pressure to take and if it wasn't a big deal the others would all be on at least 5 goals by now. Nevermind players we've tried in the recent past like Maupay and Rondon. All experienced players with a track record of scoring that couldn't hit a barn door here.

Generational talents like Rooney come in and say screw the rest, I'll do what they can't. Yes I would love a young player to come in and do that but it's rare especially at a powder keg club like ours lurching from one disaster to the next.

These sort of statements and sentiments might be why our players (especially young ones) have such a hard time finding their feet here...

"I’d give him very little chance of having a future at Everton."
"A loan would be an admission of failure."

Haven't seen enough of him to see or not see something. You are an intelligent bloke, do you think there is more or less pressure on a player when there is the 'first' choice (& second & third) sat on the bench as you are pushed ahead of them because they cannot score? How much we as a fan base would groan if he misses because we should have played Beto or DCL instead. It's a lot of pressure to take and if it wasn't a big deal the others would all be on at least 5 goals by now. Nevermind players we've tried in the recent past like Maupay and Rondon. All experienced players with a track record of scoring that couldn't hit a barn door here.

Generational talents like Rooney come in and say screw the rest, I'll do what they can't. Yes I would love a young player to come in and do that but it's rare especially at a powder keg club like ours lurching from one disaster to the next.

These sort of statements and sentiments might be why our players (especially young ones) have such a hard time finding their feet here...

"I’d give him very little chance of having a future at Everton."
"A loan would be an admission of failure."

….he’s a young pro, he should be relishing the opportunity he has at this club.

….he’s a young pro, he should be relishing the opportunity he has at this club.
The opportunity of not playing more than 10 min every few weeks. Truly shocking he's not taken it and scored 19 goals this season.

He's played 58 minutes total league football for us, what chances are you talking about here exactly?

The opportunity of not playing more than 10 min every few weeks. Truly shocking he's not taken it and scored 19 goals this season.

He's played 58 minutes total league football for us, what chances are you talking about here exactly?

….footballers have to earn their game time. I guarantee Dyche would love him to be doing the business.

The only reason he’s not played more is that he’s failed to show the manager and coaches that he’s deserving a place. 58 minutes is a reflection on him more than anybody else, the manager is desparate for an effective striker.

A couple of encouraging signs of late in training.

….footballers have to earn their game time. I guarantee Dyche would love him to be doing the business. The only reason he’s not played more is that he’s failed to show the manager and coaches that he’s deserving a place.
Earn it how? Scoring in training, doing his best and sitting on the bench only to play for 2 minutes every 2 weeks.

This is why we have no youth prospects ever, this line of thinking. It's why we're consistently in the lowest ranking for minutes given to young players, and now we've got an even more limited/crap manager to not select them even more.

The only reason he's not played more is that Dyche is a stubborn idiot - "failed to show him", but then explain, please, what Ashley Young shows him? Or Michael Keane?

Utter backwards nonsense.

Earn it how? Scoring in training, doing his best and sitting on the bench only to play for 2 minutes every 2 weeks.

This is why we have no youth prospects ever, this line of thinking. It's why we're consistently in the lowest ranking for minutes given to young players, and now we've got an even more limited/crap manager to not select them even more.

The only reason he's not played more is that Dyche is a stubborn idiot - "failed to show him", but then explain, please, what Ashley Young shows him? Or Michael Keane?

Utter backwards nonsense.

….ha, ha they will know how good he is in training and they will know how ready he is in training. The U21 watchers on here suggested he was very quiet in his latest appearance (he did score a penalty and another that the keeper bungled).

They’ll be seeing if he causes Tarkowski and co problems in training. They’ll be watching his movement daily in training, how he copes in possession. I remember watching DCL at 19 in an U21 game and posting he’d be in the team in 2 months, which he was. Apparently, he was a handful in training and experienced pro’s struggled to contain him.

All youngsters have to earn their game-time, indeed all professionals have to earn their game time. It’s how it works at football clubs. That latest training clip, he’s clever skipping past Branthwaite, that’s the type of thing they’ll be wanting to see. It’s ludicrous to think Dyche is holding him back.

Gentle warning @Eggs you will be vaulted to oblivion next season.

…I’d be 100% delighted and I’d 100% praise Thelwell.

My major concerns are I’ve not seen ‘signs’ we have a proper player on our hands, Dyche would definitely be using him more if he was the real deal, SL were happy to move him on and bring in Gyrokeres. I’m not writing him off, I post my concerns. Actually liked a couple of bits from latest training vids.

I’m wanting him to now do what Alan Whittle did and come into the side late in a season and make a huge difference.

…I’d be 100% delighted and I’d 100% praise Thelwell.

My major concerns are I’ve not seen ‘signs’ we have a proper player on our hands, Dyche would definitely be using him more if he was the real deal, SL were happy to move him on and bring in Gyrokeres. I’m not writing him off, I post my concerns. Actually liked a couple of bits from latest training vids.

I’m wanting him to now do what Alan Whittle did and come into the side late in a season and make a huge difference.
To think we were actually being linked with Gyokeres earlier, he's been banging them in in Portugal