2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Really need to follow the branthwaite model of loaning him out to a reasonable European side toget him some minutes of proper competitive football.

Loan him out to a foreign team that play good footy and aren’t in a relegation battle .

If he shows he can score 10-15 goals in bundesliga , Portugal, France, holland or even Belgium …he will increase his market value

….no, it’s great to purchase young but regardless of age players need to have quality. £15m is plenty to pay, for that money I’d be wanting to see signs that we have a talent. I’d be wanting him at this stage to be offering something to the first team.
There is something there with him though, time will tell whether he can realise potential, but he has to put in the hard work,

The club also have to give him the right surroundings for that too. At the moment, 5 minutes every now and then isn't the correct development for a young player. Same with Dobbin. I like Dobbin, he may be a little raw but he is direct and has energy.

If the pair of them aren't going to get a considerable amount of minutes for their age bracket, then they need to being playing mens football and learning. They need some pressure at that age as to whether they can sink or swim, but not the pressure of being the last resortr for a struggling team.

I dont think I've ever seen such an improvement and succesful loan in Branthwaits PSV venture. He did look talented but he looked a like a tall boy before he went and came back a man with experience.

Something similar needs to happen with Dobbin and Chermiti - There is NO guarantee a loan will develop someone, but its the best option considering that both of their developments are being stunted now. Chermiti could have played the U21's level of football with Sporting, why are they being used in the EPL International Cup i'll never know.

The loans don't need to be to a team flying in the championship or iun europe, it can be a midtable team but one that has been vetted to how they play, how many minutes they will play.

At present, I dont know what Dobbin and Chermitti are learning from an occassional cameo appearance.

ANOTHER perspective, if we go down - how useful would it have been for both of these players to have Championship experience already and ready with the knowledge of how the league is?

I think Lewis Warrington is out of contract int he summer, got a bad injury that he's come back with us now with, but might be worth trying to get him to sign a new deal in such event. He wants to play for Everton, decent player, looks Championship standard but just wants to play football.

Went down a little bit of a rabbit hole their Eggs from your small post. Forgive me.

There is something there with him though, time will tell whether he can realise potential, but he has to put in the hard work,

The club also have to give him the right surroundings for that too. At the moment, 5 minutes every now and then isn't the correct development for a young player. Same with Dobbin. I like Dobbin, he may be a little raw but he is direct and has energy.

If the pair of them aren't going to get a considerable amount of minutes for their age bracket, then they need to being playing mens football and learning. They need some pressure at that age as to whether they can sink or swim, but not the pressure of being the last resortr for a struggling team.

I dont think I've ever seen such an improvement and succesful loan in Branthwaits PSV venture. He did look talented but he looked a like a tall boy before he went and came back a man with experience.

Something similar needs to happen with Dobbin and Chermiti - There is NO guarantee a loan will develop someone, but its the best option considering that both of their developments are being stunted now. Chermiti could have played the U21's level of football with Sporting, why are they being used in the EPL International Cup i'll never know.

The loans don't need to be to a team flying in the championship or iun europe, it can be a midtable team but one that has been vetted to how they play, how many minutes they will play.

At present, I dont know what Dobbin and Chermitti are learning from an occassional cameo appearance.

ANOTHER perspective, if we go down - how useful would it have been for both of these players to have Championship experience already and ready with the knowledge of how the league is?

I think Lewis Warrington is out of contract int he summer, got a bad injury that he's come back with us now with, but might be worth trying to get him to sign a new deal in such event. He wants to play for Everton, decent player, looks Championship standard but just wants to play football.

Went down a little bit of a rabbit hole their Eggs from your small post. Forgive me.
Agree with you about the club not developing Dobbin and Chermiti properly this season. I can't see any good reason why both aren't regularly getting 25-30 minutes off the bench with the occasional start. It's not like the players in their positions have been pulling up trees this season. Klopp continues to do this successfully at Liverpool.

There’s a good article on Chermiti in the Athletic which puts things to perspective from a club point of view. Here’s a few bits :

The feeling has been that, with attacking players in particular costing a premium, Everton are no longer in a position to buy a top striker. Instead, they have been looking to find and develop one.

That search led them to Portugal and Youssef Chermiti, with the teenager joining from Sporting Lisbon for an initial fee of €12.5million (£10.7m; $13.6m) last summer. As with other deals done in that window, Everton took advantage of the Portuguese club’s need for sales to engineer a move in which the first payment was deferred until the next fiscal year.
The addition of Chermiti, who had also been tracked by leading clubs across Europe, was heralded as something of a coup at the time. Viewed as a potential focal point in the Dominic Calvert-Lewin mould with room for further growth, his experience leading the line for Sporting last season also made him a viable third striking option.

“Youssef is a player we have been tracking for a long time,” Thelwell said on the 19-year-old’s arrival. “A striker with a lot to offer who showed his undoubted talent last season.”

Chermiti has impressed in training but is still considered a “high-level development” player by manager Sean Dyche. Despite being capped by Portugalat five youth levels and being held in high esteem by his homeland’s senior-team international manager Roberto Martinez, among others, he had made just 22 first-team appearances (only 10 of them starts) for Sporting before his transfer. If all goes to plan, the benefits will likely be seen later in his time at Goodison.

“His development is going well,” Dyche said earlier this month. ”He’s adjusting to the physicality and nature of the English game.

“You get a boy in for a few quid and everyone is like, ‘Why aren’t they doing this? Why aren’t they doing that?’ He’s just a high-level
development player, but he’s still a development player.”
One of the things that marked him out in the due-diligence phase before his move from Sporting was his physical profile; his top-end speed, high-intensity sprints and core strength compared favourably to other players of a similar age at his position. At an early age, he had already shown some aptitude in Portugal for senior football..”

Essentially it says he’s still considered a development player , who‘ll cost £10.5 mill next season - this is the club and an experienced journalist saying this , so I’m not sure where this myth “ we spent £15 mill on him , I’d expect the finished article for that “ comes from. We clearly knew what we were getting and were taking a risk on him reaching his potential. It could be he doesn’t make PL standards , but let’s keep some perspective here.

develop when we can’t score and it looks money wasted so far as he’s not ready

and we need now not down the line
Well, smart run clubs do both Matty mate.

Ive no idea if this lad is any good, I know hes not gonna improve unless he gets games tho.

And I know its not really something we should be doing with so many glaring holes in our squad, but if DCL was injured, he would fill that glaring hole.