2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

I think people are being harsh on him I thought it was clear from day one that he was seen as one for the future he's the type of signing fans have spent years moaning that we don't make and as soon as we make one people are moaning that we have.
I think it's because we let 2 of our home grown players go and spent the money on him. I know we did it for FFP reasons but that's not Cannon's fault.

I think it's because we let 2 of our home grown players go and spent the money on him. I know we did it for FFP reasons but that's not Cannon's fault.
Thats a different thing though i'm just talking about people judging Chermiti and saying it was a waste of money he might be but if he scores 10 next year and 20 he year after it will be a bargain it's stupid judging the deal now when they said all along it was a long term thing.

Thats a different thing though i'm just talking about people judging Chermiti and saying it was a waste of money he might be but if he scores 10 next year and 20 he year after it will be a bargain it's stupid judging the deal now when they said all along it was a long term thing.
I agree

I think people are being harsh on him I thought it was clear from day one that he was seen as one for the future he's the type of signing fans have spent years moaning that we don't make and as soon as we make one people are moaning that we have.

…in our position, spending £1m on DCL as one for the future is a risk worth taking. As it turns out he demonstrated enough to quickly force his way into the team Paying £2m for Stones was similar and £1m on Branthwaite.

You spend £15m on a striker you want some early indication he’s the real deal. Posters are assuming ‘he’s one for the future’, I’d be happier if I was seeing evidence of that. I’m not asking for much, just a sign that he’s going to be a good one.

…in our position, spending £1m on DCL as one for the future is a risk worth taking. As it turns out he demonstrated enough to quickly force his way into the team Paying £2m for Stones was similar and £1m on Branthwaite.

You spend £15m on a striker you want some early indication he’s the real deal. Posters are assuming ‘he’s one for the future’, I’d be happier if I was seeing evidence of that. I’m not asking for much, just a sign that he’s going to be a good one.

Im sure Dyche said pretty much that in the initial press conference after he'd signed.

I also worry that he doesn’t seem to be getting any real time playing for not only the first team but the U23’s, how is the lad going to impress or improve if all he is doing is training?

….its a weird bit of business spending £15m on a player who looks a long way from being any use. For £15m in our position we need players who can influence football matches immediately.

Maupay, Beto and Chermiti have been brought in for circa £50m, surely we could’ve spent the money better.

Get damned for buying for the future.
Get damned for buying too old.