2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

Whats the gist? Any key points?

- highly rated by some Portuguese legends eg Figo.
- They initially wanted almost double what we paid (so seems like we’ve done a decent deal with not too much upfront)
- very good at movement within the box. The article provides lots of examples of him finding space to get shots off.
- could do with working on his finishing. He underperformed his xG last season (but he’s young and that should improve with time.

I didn’t take much more from it to be honest.

Whats the gist? Any key points?
Title: What Youssef Chermiti will offer Everton: Aerial presence, clever movement and pace

Here’s a rough summary.

He’s been praised by Portuguese greats like Luis Figo and Pauleta, whose academy he attended. Everton have tracked his progress for three years, and plan to develop him the way they did DCL.

They say he’s tall and can dominate in the air, and go on to detail with highlighted photos a number of plays including goals and assists showing his positioning, anticipating crosses, ability to create space, score different types of goals, etc.

They note that his xG suggests he gets into good positions but is still refining his finishing skills, and say that Everton envision him as the third option behind DCL and another more experienced option. In addition to the aforementioned, they say that he’s “also an aggressive, active presence out of possession.”

- They initially wanted almost double what we paid (so seems like we’ve done a decent deal with not too much upfront)
- very good at movement within the box. The article provides lots of examples of him finding space to get shots off.
- could do with working on his finishing. He underperformed his xG last season (but he’s young and that should improve with time.

Title: What Youssef Chermiti will offer Everton: Aerial presence, clever movement and pace

Here’s a rough summary.

He’s been praised by Portuguese greats like Luis Figo and Pauleta, whose academy he attended. Everton have tracked his progress for three years, and plan to develop him the way they did DCL.

They say he’s tall and can dominate in the air, and go on to detail with highlighted photos a number of plays including goals and assists showing his positioning, anticipating crosses, ability to create space, score different types of goals, etc.

They note that his xG suggests he gets into good positions but is still refining his finishing skills, and say that Everton envision him as the third option behind DCL and another more experienced option. In addition to the aforementioned, they say that he’s “also an aggressive, active presence out of possession.”

Cheers ;)

What hadnt been mentioned before was that hes been tracked for 3 years. Also that they initially wanted double the fee.

Very positive. I think in 12months time we may be surprised by his progress.

Some cranks on Reddit said he was crap though. Not sure who to believe

Chermiti will need this season to settle. It would be unfair and unrealistic to expect too much from a young lad who has limited experience and just arrived from a different country.
I expect he will feature more in the second half of the season but hopefully we will not be relying on him to carry the burden of main striker.

Same time I would like to see him coming off the bench, last 15/ 20mins to bed in, instead of the perennial 2nd or 3rd goalkeeper sitting there.

do you think because they signed Gykores for a lot of money (their record purcharse?) this is why they ended up accepting our offer instead of holding out for double due to cash flow?

With the present squad, he has to start when Dom is injured or needs resting.
I think we will (as fans) give him time as he’s young and we’ve waited so long for a striker.

Chermiti will need this season to settle. It would be unfair and unrealistic to expect too much from a young lad who has limited experience and just arrived from a different country.
I expect he will feature more in the second half of the season but hopefully we will not be relying on him to carry the burden of main striker.
Chermiti is 19 years 3 months just comparing few Everton players who made there debut for the blues exact same age
John stones Dave Johnson Mike lyons good company

Heres the rub. Can't you least give this kid a cameo? We know what Maupay brings to the table Start Danjuma at striker then give some minutes to Chermiti to get him some experience. This combination gives us a chance in 1 nil games like we just witnessed.

Excited to see the kid play. I hope we see him off the bench this weekend. It would be great to have young players like him and Dobbin as options rather than Rondons etc.