2023/24 Youssef Chermiti

It was a hard game to judge him on as he was so isolated for the majority of the match.

He did look a little lightweight at times but also showed some good touches/awareness and he never hid.

Would be interesting to see him play when we dominate possession/territory although this might only happen if we drawn a Nothern League Premier Division side in the third round of the FA Cup!

Let's stick with him.

I thought that flick by him for the Doucoure chance was great and shows he is smart to play it, especially when it was weighted pretty much perfectly. Really he should have an assist to his name tonight.
He had two really good touches around the box to Doucoure early in the game and Doucoure was completely unaware. Players need to adjust to him, he’s got a better touch than the other two

Really like what I seen from him today to be honest. Don’t think he looks like a player that’ll ever score 20+ goals a season but much like DCL starting out you can tell that at the very least he’ll be a useful hardworking focal point in a squad.

Think by the time he’s 23-25 he’ll be a very decent player.

Looked promising, clearly needs a bit more experience to avoid getting caught offside so often.
Wouldn’t say he offers more than Beto right now tbh.

I don’t really agree. You could see him making runs and he sprinted to back inside once so he knows when he’s off and is doing the right things, ie his thought process is right , I just think it’s a case of getting used to the speed of the prem as that was basically his first game.

He looks like he has a good touch, looks to bring others into play and looks stronger than his appearance would suggest.

Very early days and it was “ only” Brentford but I think he can be satisfied with his full bevit and I hope he gets some games no that we are safe

He did well today and showed some nice touches. He probably showed how difficult it can be to link play with Doucore though if you haven’t played many games with him.

What I would like to see though is him press with a bit more conviction.

Read my mind , anyone that has doucs providing “ support” is going to find it much more difficult than they should to look good.

Docs doesn’t even know what he’s doing himself and makes stupid runs, can’t deliver passes, timing of passes is always off etc

So it makes it very hard for any team mate to know how to play and where and when to make runs

Thought he looked a bit lost at times today, but he worked hard and had some decent touches.

Feel like all our Strikers would benefit vastly more playing in a 2, I know Doucs is technically a 2, but we isolate our Strikers far too much, hopefully thats something addressed in the Summer.

But not bad for the lads first real run out, well done Chermo.
Agree with this, i thought he played quite well, also looked to have beefed up a little.

Given a run in the team im sure this lad will score goals for us.