Your song pick for Everton - equivalent to "YNWA"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get it mate. The build up before the games playing songs that are already historically linked to us, Z-cars starts followed by that roar. What can be better than that?

I agree mate ,why change something that's working. Playing some of these songs suggested would be like having goal music and handing out clappers

Not dissing z cars the lads will always stride on to GP to the famous pipes and drums but we as a club need a decent SONG!

Listening to James Blunt's "bonfire hearts" I thought the foot stomping chorus was us:

[Chorus:]
Days like these lead to...
Nights like this lead to
Love like ours.
You light the spark in my bonfire heart.
People like us—we don’t
Need that much, just some-
One that starts,
Starts the spark in our bonfire hearts

Any other ideas.

I have a special cell in Chateau D'If reserved for people like you.

If you need something with words, go for "Johnny Todd" which is the Liverpool folk song Z Cars is based on.

I actually do a decent acoustic version, when I grow a pair I'll put it on YouTube and you can all slate me.

The ballad of Johnny Todd by Bob Dylan.

Was it written by Dylan? I assumed it was a traditional Liverpool folk song that he picked up when he visited the city. Either way, great song.

Why would we want to copy Liverpool ?

this. i don't want a cringing awful dirge which thinks it's more worthy than Ghandi as a song, much prefer the upbeat z-cars and Grand Old Team. suits our personality better, in that we don't take things as seriously as they do.

I know a good one lads. Not sure what it's called, but I know the lyrics...

"Everton, Everton, Evertoooon,Everton, Everton, Evertooon, Everton, EV-ER-TON"

I have a special cell in Chateau D'If reserved for people like you.

I actually do a decent acoustic version, when I grow a pair I'll put it on YouTube and you can all slate me.

Was it written by Dylan? I assumed it was a traditional Liverpool folk song that he picked up when he visited the city. Either way, great song.
was written by Frank Kidson 1891.

Z-Cars does me just fine

But i must admit i would love a bit of Ac/Dc Hells Bells, have to admit that gets me wound up everytime

Nothing comes close to Z-Cars and that feeling you get when you hear it on a match day coupled with the Goodison roar.

If you want something with words, Forever Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.