Your Optimism

All considered, with Ancelotti, Moshiri and Brands - how optimistic are you as an Everton fan?

• Extremely optimistic

• Optimistic

• Somewhat pessimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many I’ve recently renewed.....for the twenty something season in my case. Unless there is optimism and a belief it’s going to be better than the year before you can choose not to do it.

They do my head in, give me an occasional joy that is hard to explain, but it’s Everton. Its my team, always will be and there is a connection that makes me believe they are better than I see on too many occasions if you are not optimistic, walk away and find something else to waste your time money and energy on.

I know it’s the belief that kills you but it is what it is. They test you in a way like no other and probably don’t deserve the support they have, but it’s Everton. If I didn’t believe, I wouldn’t care.....but I do, because I know how good it is when we win, not just at home or away but when you are top of the pile at the end of the season. It’s your team, my team....that’s what I want to see again.
beautiful

I think that had the last defeat (no matter how pitiful it was) had been against anyone else, it would have dropped everyone’s heads a fraction that is has because it was against the RS crèche.
However, we never beat them scum, so I wasn’t expecting it even when I saw the team. That is an ingrained mental block, not something fabricated by the current crop of players.

we have to get past that as fans, stop expecting anything but embarrassment against them, they are the spawn of the devil and will always have the evil eye on us. The last time we were successful, pulling in cups and titles, they still toned us almost every time we played them.
That is our cross to carry lads, get over it or choose another team, because it will always be so. i want us to win silverware for the thousands of blues who have never seen that happen, if it happened in a season when we lost home and away to that lot, who cares??

....have to admit to being quite pessimistic, but I’m usually a ‘glass half-empty’ person.

I know the performance on Sunday was as bad as it gets, but I’m concerned Ancelotti got his part of things very wrong.
Maybe Ancelloti thought that his players were professional and they could handle a tactical change and they would actually make an effort .
However , he really should of seen how bad his midfield is . I would of put Holgate in midfield then bit my fingernails down to the bone after bringing Keane to replace him in CB .
What would I know though , I have never won a Champions League . I don't think my mountain of participation medals would cut it .

Hard to say. Jury still out for me.

Since Moshiri took over he’s made one monumental gaff after another. The competence level didn’t change, we just had more money to make even bigger cockups.

Jury still out on Brands. To start the season without recruiting a CB or proven striker suggests he’s not up to the job.

Ancelotti is a massive statement. Is it the 1st piece of a new Everton?
Signing Andre Kanchelskis was a massive statement. Well it should have been until Buckley Finch proclaimed it “the final piece in the jigsaw”, dashing our hopes that it might be the first.

What happens in this window will be very telling. I’d like to see a new ruthless intent. Clear the decks of all our overpaid dross.

It’s tough to be optimistic when you know we need to upgrade players in most positions to be able to play football the way out excellent coach wants to.

Wouldn’t be so bad if FFP didn’t exist, but it does. We can splash the cash but need to offload players and ours aren’t worth anything or if they are worth something are on big wages and won’t be likely to be sold easily.

There’s no lukaku to offset costs.

I think we have been mismanaged the previous 2 decades and our new investor is picking up the pieces while bedding in his own mistakes. It is organic and we have to believe lessons are now learnt. However this current squad is dead, we have remove the bad bits at all costs, the club now know this. UTFT

next year will be my 37th successive season with a season ticket. From UGS to the newly built PE these days I'm a TB supporter. I was so excited when Carlo took over, but yet again the team and players have let us all down. I cant decide whether we will win Saturday 5-0 or lose 5-0

I just want, at some point in my life, to experience the shoe being on the other foot with us and the RS.

I dont care when it comes I just want to experience the feeling of being smug and laughing at them as they spiral into mediocrity.

Their self entitlement makes me sick and time and again they are allowed to enjoy their wildest fantasies when they play us. Last minute derby winners galore, controversial ref decisions, hattricks for their captain against us, and the kids beating us there at the weekend just as we were starting to find a bit of optimism and pride about Ancelotti was the worst of the lot.

I just want them to feel the pain that we've all felt for decades, is that too much to ask?

So many positives at present
New Manager
New Stadium
Russian money maybe available

why wouldn’t you be optimistic

simply as this Everton

Cautiously optimistic.

We have a lot of the right people in the right positions (board, coaching & playing staff) but more importantly and for the first time in a long time or ever, we have a manager that instantly demands respect and outranks any player in the squad on any level of comparison.

The x factor is the ability to 'Everton' it all up.

It won't happen quickly, so I'm pessimistic about being still here to see it...or which is worse, It happens, I'm here, but too gaga to know it.
*strains
Can't -
Reach -
Plug -
With -
Walking -
Stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.