YOUR FAVOURITE BOB LATCHFORD GOAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. What a goal that was. Brilliant cross and a brilliant finish
One of the greatest travesties of English international football was that Latchford and Thomas weren't the first names on the Engand. Team sheet all the tiem they were at Everton? The bias against us back then was nothing short of scandalous!

Out of all the disappointments I've had over the years of watching Everton that's the one that hurt me most. Never felt so crushed on a journey home.
I often thought that if I had been there I would have packed in for a while because of it. Came back from France for the first game but could not stay for the replay.mkept leaving table in restaurant to ring home from call box for updates. Crushing disappointment. But defeats to the RS were worse!!

I often thought that if I had been there I would have packed in for a while because of it. Came back from France for the first game but could not stay for the replay.mkept leaving table in restaurant to ring home from call box for updates. Crushing disappointment. But defeats to the RS were worse!!
I remember being so gutted as everyone had convinced themselves it would be an Everton v RS final. Disappointment was the norm when I was growing up. 1977 FA Cup semi and League Cup final, and that semi final. I still loved watching that team though, they were so close to the real deal. One decent goalie would have made a huge difference.

They always are mate!

Latchford scored some crucial goals during the cup runs of the 1976-77 season. Bolton away in the second leg of the League Cup semi final still makes me tingle. Massive following as well. Derby at home in the Cup quarter final when he swept in a Mike Lyons knock down.

...QPR away and the Elland Rd goal are Stand outs but I think one came off his backside and went in for England that also sticks in my mind. I like Bob Latchford but I think everybody does.

By no means his best. His penalty to complete his hat trick against Chelsea, giving him his thirtieth league goal of the season - 77/78.

Nearly got crushed to death in the St End when it went in.

This. Was my second ever game I went to and absolutely loved it 6-0 ! Got knocked off the crash barrier in the enclosure 6 times the crowd was amazing that day.

This. Was my second ever game I went to and absolutely loved it 6-0 ! Got knocked off the crash barrier in the enclosure 6 times the crowd was amazing that day.

I was in enclosure stood on a milk crate at the front. Had to get on the pitch to avoid getting my head getting squashed as everyone wanted to use the crate to get on to the pitch. Amazing scenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.