YOUR FAVOURITE BOB LATCHFORD GOAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan ball

Player Valuation: £70m
Bob Latchford scored 138 goals in an Everton shirt. For those who are old enough to remember him, what was your favourite Goal scored by this legend. Mine has to ge the one at Elland Road against West Ham in the FA cup semi final replay. It's just a shame that the goal that night was a mere consolation.

By no means his best. His penalty to complete his hat trick against Chelsea, giving him his thirtieth league goal of the season - 77/78.

Nearly got crushed to death in the St End when it went in.

Last edited:
Bolton away in the League Cup semi-final second leg in 1977. A great header. Brilliant atmosphere, but nervous towards the end particularly after Duncan McKenzie missed a penalty.

Boy that's a tough tough question. The goals above were very important goals and I must say the equaliser against W Ham was a beaut and up there with the best and the last minute equaliser against Villa was scruffy but very emotional. Sorry but going to have to pass as so many to think of, maybe Coventry 6-0, lovely diving header v QPR when he scored 4 I just don't know.

Bob Latchford scored 138 goals in an Everton shirt. For those who are old enough to remember him, what was your favourite Goal scored by this legend. Mine has to ge the one at Elland Road against West Ham in the FA cup semi final replay. It's just a shame that the goal that night was a mere consolation.
Can't find a single bit of footage of that game mate.

Apart from his goal against Chelsea that secured the 30......I always remember his first strike at goal in his first game which hit the post like a thunderbolt !

Can't find a single bit of footage of that game mate.

It's in the video above your post. Unfortunately no slow mo but it was as good a diving header as you will see. Rocket of a cross and he executed it to perfection. Sad night for all us present though to concede such a poxy W Ham winner.

Off an old video, by the look of it:

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.

It's in the video above your post. Unfortunately no slow mo but it was as good a diving header as you will see. Rocket of a cross and he executed it to perfection. Sad night for all us present though to concede such a poxy W Ham winner.
I thought it was V Chelsea?

You don't want too either Groucho,I was there and it was a terrible evening to be a blue,Latchys goal was great though,there is footage and I'm sure you can hear the strains of Bobby Latchford walks on water as Lampards header hits a divot and goes in off the post(n)
Out of all the disappointments I've had over the years of watching Everton that's the one that hurt me most. Never felt so crushed on a journey home.

Status
Not open for further replies.