Young EFC Players Out on Loan 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I imagine they’ll struggle to sign anybody in their current predicament, especially a player on Dowell’s salary.

Ah yes I forgot about their current financial crisis. Let’s hope he’s done enough for them to convince another team in that league to throw an offer in for him then.

...it is, Matey, but its still very much down to a youngster taking the chance when it’s presented. Davies is a good example as is Holgate. Holgate looked on his way out, but failure to bring in Zouma on transfer deadline day meant he was needed as back-up to Mina/Keane. Luck played a part but he got an opportunity and grasped it.
I genuinely never felt Holgate was on the way out. He was always out best young defender being shifted out ti right back, it was only a matter of time before he made the team imo

Dowell has fantastic talent and would do well in a league where a greater emphasis is placed on technique. Dutch or Portuguese league perhaps.

However, I don't see him leaving England and think his career will be very much that of a YouTube highlights player.

Someone should put a vid together of his hatricks versus Leicester and Hull x2 and send it off to some scouts to drum up some interest.

Dowell has fantastic talent and would do well in a league where a greater emphasis is placed on technique. Dutch or Portuguese league perhaps.

However, I don't see him leaving England and think his career will be very much that of a YouTube highlights player.

Someone should put a vid together of his hatricks versus Leicester and Hull x2 and send it off to some scouts to drum up some interest.

3 career hat tricks? That's some good going.

...we have to remember that before he went to Forest he’d only played age restricted football. He’d never played competitive, open-age football against men.

It’s not that he wasn’t ‘strong enough for PL’, he was transitioning from youth football and will now have toughened up playing the open-age game.

He went on loan to Forest in 2017 and would have only been 18/19 years old, so you wouldn't expect many acadamy players to have played much open age football at that age.

I would argue he looks quite a bit stronger now than he did at Derby/Sheff U/Forest.

He went on loan to Forest in 2017 and would have only been 18/19 years old, so you wouldn't expect many acadamy players to have played much open age football at that age.

I would argue he looks quite a bit stronger now than he did at Derby/Sheff U/Forest.

...which is understandable I suppose.

I genuinely never felt Holgate was on the way out. He was always out best young defender being shifted out ti right back, it was only a matter of time before he made the team imo

...we’d paid big money for Mina and wanted a similar purchase in Zouma. We also had Keane. Holgate had played mainly as a RB before being shipped out. I have my doubts he was in the managers thoughts, otherwise he’d have been kept.

Thats my assumption anyway.

...we’d paid big money for Mina and wanted a similar purchase in Zouma. We also had Keane. Holgate had played mainly as a RB before being shipped out. I have my doubts he was in the managers thoughts, otherwise he’d have been kept.

Thats my assumption anyway.
I see your point but Holgate had age and potential on his side, he's definitely grown a lot bigger and stronger mind you. But perhaps that has come directly as a result of having to train with big units like Mina and Zouma for a couple seasons..

Status
Not open for further replies.