2022/23 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club seriously need to be looking at terminating his contract at this point - he will never be a regular starter, that was pretty clear last season and it’s very unlikely given his injury record we will recoup much on him in January and I understand his contract is up anyway next summer?

The club seriously need to be looking at terminating his contract at this point - he will never be a regular starter, that was pretty clear last season and it’s very unlikely given his injury record we will recoup much on him in January and I understand his contract is up anyway next summer?

…terminating his contract doesn’t save us money, surely better to at last have access to him on the occasions he is fit.

He will want to put a run of games together to increase the monetary value of a Bosman.

…terminating his contract doesn’t save us money, surely better to at last have access to him on the occasions he is fit.

He will want to put a run of games together to increase the monetary value of a Bosman.
It’s doesn’t save us money no as we would still have to pay off the rest of his contract, just as we would pay him for the remainder of this season to have him barely on the field when/if he is available and have the fella congest the medical suite. I’d be saying thanks fella but we’re not investing time/effort to rehab you when your contracts up at the end of the season and you’re very likely to be side lined 2/3 more times this season.

It’s doesn’t save us money no as we would still have to pay off the rest of his contract, just as we would pay him for the remainder of this season to have him barely on the field when/if he is available and have the fella congest the medical suite. I’d be saying thanks fella but we’re not investing time/effort to rehab you when your contracts up at the end of the season and you’re very likely to be side lined 2/3 more times this season.

….I wouldn’t.

What a way to treat an employee. I bet it would make the other employees really trust the club and management. It would even possibly be enough for some of them to not really commit in games in case they get injuries and are thrown away the same.

Feel sorry for the lad. No footballer sets out to get injured. I know it’s frustrating to see him not playing agaun, but I’m sure his frustration is far greater.

We have a duty to rehabilitate him, but it's clear now there's no point rehabilitating back to playing football. He's our hype man now, like bez or flava flav.

His rehabilitation will be geared towards emitting maximal positive vibes, and raising the spirits of the players:

What a way to treat an employee. I bet it would make the other employees really trust the club and management. It would even possibly be enough for some of them to not really commit in games in case they get injuries and are thrown away the same.
The man would be getting many millions to pay off his remaining contract and we can wipe our hands of a player who on his day is a great defender but spends most of his days on a massage table - not saying we send him the job centre and turf him out, legally we would still need to pay him out of his contract. It sets a precedent that the club isn’t a soft touch, that we aren’t going to spend time, money and effort to rehabilitate him for his contract to expire and him maybe give us 5 more halves of football this season. I’m pretty sure as much of a character he may be in the dressing room, it sets a tone for the other players that we aren’t soft, looking after the players that can’t stay fit or coast it and pick up their fat salaries - just because were ‘nice’. Seems like a waste of time getting him back fit for him to almost certainly pull up when he returns and gets ruled out for another 8 weeks, seeing out his contract and us getting limited return from him this season anyway - he can’t be relied on to stay fit at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.