2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has to play at Leicester. None of this thinking about the following games, I'll never understand that notion. Especially in our current position.
The only game that matters now is the next game. then they can start thinking Watford..
Need him more for Leicester then the Watford game although tbf I’m not sure he would be healthy enough to play two games in 3 days

Need him more for Leicester then the Watford game although tbf I’m not sure he would be healthy enough to play two games in 3 days
yeah your probably right knowing mina, but given this could possibly his last season with us I think he owes us these 5 games.
maybe we just need him to think he's playing for Columbia

Has to play at Leicester. None of this thinking about the following games, I'll never understand that notion. Especially in our current position.
The only game that matters now is the next game. then they can start thinking Watford..
The thinking about saving him for games is because if he picks up an injury then that's us all but done with Premier league football. It's crucial he is available and fit.

He has to be monitored closely because he's our most important player.

It absolutely kills me off that he's injured so much as he's by far and away our best defender. His snide factor is invaluable as well.

It's such a shame. The Digne, Gomes, Mina transfers under Brands & Silva were actually good on paper, and if it had all worked together we might have been still under Marco Silva and doing ok in the top 10 at least. It's amazing how many 'Everton, that' things happen to us! lol

If he’s got any sort of knock I wouldn’t play him Leicester away so that he can definitely play on the Wednesday vs Watford. If he’s fit for Leicester, I would then rest him vs Watford. He can’t play both as he’ll break down, he always does.

The upside to resting him in one of the next 2 is that we could then start him for both of the home games. At that point it’s worth the risk of him breaking down vs Palace. Play him in both the aways and there’s very little chance we see him for the rest of the season.

The thinking about saving him for games is because if he picks up an injury then that's us all but done with Premier league football. It's crucial he is available and fit.

He has to be monitored closely because he's our most important player.
I wouldn't go that far. He does make a difference but since Lampard came in we've only conceded 3 goals in 7 PL home games, and that record is 2 in 5 without Mina. It seems a bit of a stretch to believe we couldn't possibly get anything out of the 2 remaining home games without him.

If he’s got any sort of knock I wouldn’t play him Leicester away so that he can definitely play on the Wednesday vs Watford. If he’s fit for Leicester, I would then rest him vs Watford. He can’t play both as he’ll break down, he always does.

The upside to resting him in one of the next 2 is that we could then start him for both of the home games. At that point it’s worth the risk of him breaking down vs Palace. Play him in both the aways and there’s very little chance we see him for the rest of the season.
good points
The question is which game would be better to rest him in?
We have a better chance of getting a result with him in, we all agree on that, but we are more likely to be defending deep v Leicester than Watford so maybe Leicester is the game for Keane
Problem with that is, he'll have had a week's rest before Leicester so it would be stupid to not play him. Be better if these two games were the other way round but on the bright side, at least he's back. Such a difference

I wouldn't go that far. He does make a difference but since Lampard came in we've only conceded 3 goals in 7 PL home games, and that record is 2 in 5 without Mina. It seems a bit of a stretch to believe we couldn't possibly get anything out of the 2 remaining home games without him.

Keane seems to play better at home. I don't think we would be down, "on paper" we should probably win our two last home games and Watford away with or without Mina. He may make a bigger difference at Leicester away. The obvious caveat of course, that football is played on grass not paper.

Mina and Keane vs Leicester. Playing alongside Mina just might prod Keane back into form…and we need him to regain his confidence. Mina is a leader. Keane could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.