2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Colombia qualifying for the World Cup. Their recent form is like ours.
The table doesn't look super promising for them until you look at the remaining games. They're 4 behind Perú for the playoff spot and 5 behind Uruguay. But Perú and Uruguay play each other, and then Uruguay plays at Chile (2 points above Colombia, with their other game being at Brazil). Perú then plays at home vs. Paraguay, which Perú should win, but they are eminently capable of bottling it.

Meanwhile, Colombia plays by far the easiest home/away combo in south american qualification: Home vs. Bolivia and at Venezuela. If it comes down to goal difference somehow between a combination of Perú, Colombia, and Uruguay for the last spot in plus playoff spot, Colombia is likely to have the advantage.

I rate him, but given his lack of availability and entering the last year of his contract we have to sell. The problem is when he practically lives in the physio room and earns £120k p/w…who takes him?

Im thinking Napoli or Milan.

His big plus is that he’s a better organiser/communicator than the others. I honestly don’t think he’s actually that much better than them as an individual, but he does make the unit better because he appears to talk more and take control in a way the others don’t. Unfortunately that’s as much of a hindrance as a help when you miss as many games as he does because it makes it hard for any other partnership to develop.

Jesus Christ

Typical us, we have an excellent defender in Mina but he injured most of the time, the rest of the CBs play ok when partnered with him, but when he doesn’t play they look clueless. Keane at his age should have evolved over the years into a leader (perhaps captain of the team) but that just hasn’t happened. Now we are down to Keane,Holgate and Braithwaite which is a bit worrying, let’s hope the other 2 don’t take to long to be back.

I had theory that on the weekend his presence On the right hand side helped Coleman a lot and yesterday for the 1st 30 minutes, Between them they contained Maximin but as soon as went off Maximin run amok with Holegate and Coleman. You cannot underestimate the presence of Mina in that backline
He’s our best CB and Leader by a country mile, just a shame he can’t play 80% of the games a season.

Like James last season he seems to cry off at the slightest thing.
I do feel that is the case with certain players, one biggie they are off. Then you see Gordon in pain and he just carries on and completes the game, I know so injuries are serious enough to come off but some they seem to go off for little things. To his credit Mina did look like he wanted to stay on against Newcastle.

I do feel that is the case with certain players, one biggie they are off. Then you see Gordon in pain and he just carries on and completes the game, I know so injuries are serious enough to come off but some they seem to go off for little things. To his credit Mina did look like he wanted to stay on against Newcastle.
I still thought we couid get 15mil for Mina this summer, but he’s had such an horrendous season. I think we will struggle to get 10. The thing in our favour, that most clubs around Europe will know he’s a very good defender and at 27. I’m sure a team will take a gamble that he can get over his issues and then you have a very good defender for maybe 6yrs.

We just need to get what we can and get his 120k a week wage off the books

Status
Not open for further replies.