2021/22 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I rate him, but given his lack of availability and entering the last year of his contract we have to sell. The problem is when he practically lives in the physio room and earns £120k p/w…who takes him?

I suspect our fate now hinges on the number of games this fella plays for Everton from now to the end of this season. There is no way in hell he should be allowed to play for Colombia again this season. I know he is suspended for the next game, but Lampard needs to put down a marker here. He plays for Everton and nobody else this season as his absenteeism is proof positive that he is not up to playing for both club and country at the moment.

I suspect our fate now hinges on the number of games this fella plays for Everton from now to the end of this season. There is no way in hell he should be allowed to play for Colombia again this season. I know he is suspended for the next game, but Lampard needs to put down a marker here. He plays for Everton and nobody else this season as his absenteeism is proof positive that he is not up to playing for both club and country at the moment.
We need to stick with other defenders who can be relied on to stay fit. He will break down again inside 3 games max.

We need to stick with other defenders who can be relied on to stay fit. He will break down again inside 3 games max.
In principle I agree with you, but when those defenders are Holgate and Keane... While they can be relied on to stay fit, they can also be relied on to leave us down...every single game.

His big plus is that he’s a better organiser/communicator than the others. I honestly don’t think he’s actually that much better than them as an individual, but he does make the unit better because he appears to talk more and take control in a way the others don’t. Unfortunately that’s as much of a hindrance as a help when you miss as many games as he does because it makes it hard for any other partnership to develop.

I had theory that on the weekend his presence On the right hand side helped Coleman a lot and yesterday for the 1st 30 minutes, Between them they contained Maximin but as soon as went off Maximin run amok with Holegate and Coleman. You cannot underestimate the presence of Mina in that backline
100%. The difference when he went off was huge. He's so good on the ball as well as defensively. Once he went off we stopped being able to play out from the back

I rate him, but given his lack of availability and entering the last year of his contract we have to sell. The problem is when he practically lives in the physio room and earns £120k p/w…who takes him?
He's down to a short enough remaining term on his contract that his agent should be advising him to consider taking a pay cut in order to guarantee more wages in the long run, then leave the decision to Mina.

What his agent will probably do is let the contract run down, then try to capture the surplus from leaving on a free in Mina's wages. He will probably try to sign Mina to a pre-contract the day that becomes possible. That gambles on Mina having a good World Cup and being healthy at the time, which I think is a bit risky. It worked the last time, though, and most people don't switch strategies when it worked the last time.

He's down to a short enough remaining term on his contract that his agent should be advising him to consider taking a pay cut in order to guarantee more wages in the long run, then leave the decision to Mina.

What his agent will probably do is let the contract run down, then try to capture the surplus from leaving on a free in Mina's wages. He will probably try to sign Mina to a pre-contract the day that becomes possible. That gambles on Mina having a good World Cup and being healthy at the time, which I think is a bit risky. It worked the last time, though, and most people don't switch strategies when it worked the last time.
I can't see Colombia qualifying for the World Cup. Their recent form is like ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.