2020/21 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is immediately what I thought of when I saw Messi gloating an opponent missing a pen in the Copa...

I was in the stadium the night of the Copa final when Messi choked, broke down and then quit his NT over a miss.

There are lots of rumours of Messi and Mina not getting along at Barca so don't think it's the kind of thing with ex teammates talking trash for fun...

League games

20/21 24
19/20 29
18/19 13

2 years left on his contract...big decision to make.

I’d definitely understand the logic if the club decided to sell. Two years on contract, coming off of a good tournament, injury prone, and is supposedly on over 100K a week.

With that being said, he’s our best all around CB and seems to be a beloved character around the place. If we want to act like a big club he needs to be retained in my opinion.

I’d definitely understand the logic if the club decided to sell. Two years on contract, coming off of a good tournament, injury prone, and is supposedly on over 100K a week.

With that being said, he’s our best all around CB and seems to be a beloved character around the place. If we want to act like a big club he needs to be retained in my opinion.

Its a difficult situation.

Usually you would prefer to have a settled centre back pairing -- Mina and Godfrey.

The problem of course is that for those 10-15 matches Mina could be 'expected' to miss who steps in?

It cant be Keane as his confidence is so fragile plus he is only able to play deep. Meanwhile his wages wont be small.

Likewise Holgate even on form isnt the same profile of player as Mina.

I think if Branthwaite was the backup for Mina with Holgate for Godfrey then theres a big dropoff in quality.

Such a pity about these small injuries he seems to pick up easily.

Usually you would prefer to have a settled centre back pairing -- Mina and Godfrey.

The problem of course is that for those 10-15 matches Mina could be 'expected' to miss who steps in?

It cant be Keane as his confidence is so fragile plus he is only able to play deep. Meanwhile his wages wont be small.

I think if Branthwaite was the backup for Mina with Holgate for Godfrey then theres a big dropoff in quality.

If you believe Sport Witness (pinch of salt needed) then Benitez does'nt rate any of our CB and wants to make changes.

If you believe Sport Witness (pinch of salt needed) then Benitez does'nt rate any of our CB and wants to make changes.
Nonsense...Mina has had a terrific copa america...most of our issues last season was down to the lack of options in midfield either defensively or in attack...our cbs did a good job with the exception perhaps of holgate who had a poor season compare to the previous one.

I wonder if there is much in the Ben White link? sounds to be about 50m, if we are in for him i can really see us selling Mina to off set some of that

The reaction to this is great from some people. No class, no respect etc. - as if Yerry hadn’t said something to him at some point.

That’s football - you say stuff to people, they say stuff back. You win, you lose. Get on with it.
I wonder if you speak Spanish? Because what Martinez was saying was not only disrespectful but belittling. When things are translated into other languages words lose value and what Martinez said was more than just saying stuff and he should have gotten a card for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.