2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like him at all. Came with a reputation of being a commanding centre back who dominates in the air in both boxes. Either he was going through a brief purple patch when people started noticing him, or we've turned him into the Colombian Michael Keane, as neither of them can head a football. Probably both, to be honest. Mina is slow, ponderous and cannot play the type of football that managers like Ancelotti will demand. If there's any way we could get rid of all three centre backs we currently have and replace them by the end of the summer I'd be all for it.

Don't like him at all. Came with a reputation of being a commanding centre back who dominates in the air in both boxes. Either he was going through a brief purple patch when people started noticing him, or we've turned him into the Colombian Michael Keane, as neither of them can head a football. Probably both, to be honest. Mina is slow, ponderous and cannot play the type of football that managers like Ancelotti will demand. If there's any way we could get rid of all three centre backs we currently have and replace them by the end of the summer I'd be all for it.

The Colombian Michael Keane lol boss mate, first time I've laughed today lol ;)

Don't like him at all. Came with a reputation of being a commanding centre back who dominates in the air in both boxes. Either he was going through a brief purple patch when people started noticing him

I think we made that cliched mistake of seeing a player do well for his country in a major summer tournament and thinking he is good based on that.
Reality is different though.

I think we made that cliched mistake of seeing a player do well for his country in a major summer tournament and thinking he is good based on that.
Reality is different though.

South American football is pretty grim too. Very defensive minded, the way that he'll have been brought up playing the game there is completely different to what he's being asked to do in the Premier League.

Just looking at his career stats now, worrying how Barcelona said no thanks after just 5 games.

Schneiderlin and Sigurdson are quite rightly getting loads of grief, not only on the back of the cup exit yesterday, but for their terrible overall contribution all season long... but I think this guy Mina leaves an awful lot to be desired as a centre back.
He's clumsy, he's nowhere near as good in the as someone his size should be and for me, he's another expensive and over-rated folly.

The truth is that there are better CBs throughout the PL and Championship. So following the appointment of Brands have we stopped looking at our own leagues before splashing out on relatively unknown overseas players?

Status
Not open for further replies.