2019/20 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been comfortably one of our more consistent and better players when he’s been available, the dars think he’s mistake prone though despite him actually not making any because he’s got a languid style

Something linking these cliche sayings about him, same as Yobo & Distin.....just cant quite put my finger on it!!!!

The common theme here is "He's good when he's available."

Well, he's hardly ever available.

He crumbles like a dry biscuit far too regularly. His latest injury came about from merely swaying his hips in our own 18 yard box.

When you factor in he's pretty much our top earner alongside Bernard means he's a luxury we can't really justify.

Anything around 15/20 mil plus the 6.25 saved each year has gotta be good for the books.

Given his poor injury record, it may be better to cash in if the opportunity arises. I like Yerry, he comes across as a bit of a character, and he's a decent enough defender, but I feel that it's time to build a squad of players based on their availability and ability not their popularity.

I remember reading someone’s comments saying they wanted a huge Solid centre back at the back.... well Minas 6’5” there you go.... one problems he’s always injured lol I like him keep for sure

I think we’ll keep him. He’s a solid option at the back. I don’t think our problems are at centreback. If we had a midfield that could shield them, offer them out balls, and actually keep possession I think all our central defenders would look a lot better. I don’t like Keane that much as I think he’s slow and mentally gives up very easily, but the rest are all decent players good on the ball. Our problems are at right back, central midfield, and wide positions where we currently have players who can’t pass or cross, run slower than other players jog, or just aren’t that bothered about playing for Everton.

It’s a shame he can’t get a decent run of games, like Holgate in a way.
Keane and Branthwaite seem to be a bit more resilient and may end up creating a good partnership. I’m just worried they’re not the quickest when compared to the others

Status
Not open for further replies.