2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still early days, the prem is quick, physical, and mistakes are often punished. He really needs to work on the positional side of his game though.
Like I said when we got him, he's super raw. Can be dominant in the air in any league, has wonderful foot skills and feet, but he hasn't had a lot of games at a high level. Boom or bust. He looks promising so far, though.

Mina is a decent player. Why all of a sudden he gash....is it because he got turned against Brighton?

I guess I missed that. When did he get turned against Brighton? Was it the ridiculous foul call where he barely touched the player?

He's been fine. Raw like I said. But there's almost no comparison for him physically. Name another guy with his size and his footskills. There aren't many. His feet aren't slow, his instincts are okay, he's made some mistakes and he's likely going to make more. So have all our new guys.

I can’t believe there are already shouts to sell him. He is a good player and just the physical specimen we needed at the back.

I cannot understand the thinking. If they want us to sell Mina then we might aswell sell our poorer CB's such as Keane and Holgate and Jags.
I still cannot put my finger on what he has done wrong to get these calls of crap. If it is all about getting turned at Brighton (the once) then that is just silly.

I guess I missed that. When did he get turned against Brighton? Was it the ridiculous foul call where he barely touched the player?

He's been fine. Raw like I said. But there's almost no comparison for him physically. Name another guy with his size and his footskills. There aren't many. His feet aren't slow, his instincts are okay, he's made some mistakes and he's likely going to make more. So have all our new guys.

He committed himself about 25 yards out and got done like a kipper but was not the last man or even close to being the last man. Seen it happen to the best of CB's and will continue to see it.

Like all our defenders he'll struggle in this side at times as our manager doesn't know how to defend.

I remember Stones used to get pelters from sections around GP at times but what did you expect from a team managed by Boberto.

Status
Not open for further replies.