2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's definitely concerning when Barcelona are rushing to get rid of him 6 months after buying him considering they play in a league which is much easier to defend in the the Prem.

Really worried about this one, right now I'd rather Funes Mori and that's saying something!!

Honestly, he just looks crap. I mean, it wasn´t exactly a difficult game for him today in a 3 against Brighton who play with 1 up top, but somehow he managed to get himself into all kinds of mess.

Sounds like he really has ideas above his station which is a trait I hate in footballers.

Not completely sold on Mina yet, got a feeling he has a clanger in him most games, Barca fans said as much. Hopefully it's just down to him being new to the team and league but he frightens me sometimes.

He'll be fine, it really doesn't help having to settle in a new league and being chopped and charged from a back two, to a back three, to a different partner to being dropped to being dropped in at the drop end during Xmas etc.

He has the right character to be a success in the prem imo.

It's odd really, some of the lads I see it in, just aren't quite good enough. McCarthy I've always thought is a good leader but not really good enough. Davies looks like he might have it in him, but will take a long time to come out. As you've said Coleman too, but he's the other way towards the end of his career.

What I'll say though, is that Moyes built a resilient team. Part of that was they played together over a period. I'd say Cahill was a leader but again took him a bit of time to show that consistently.

For now, I'd play Mina with Zouma for a time. I think they compliment each other well.
A good captain and leader doesn’t have to be great player, although it helps obviously, but as long as he can read the game, organise the side and give them a rollicking to get them involved and focussed on the game he will be worth more than a player who is brilliant now and again, some one who is consistently good, McCarthy fits the bill if he can come back and stay fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.