2018/19 Yerry Mina

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to disagree there mate, I don't think we have seen the last of Zouma and I think him and Keane are the preferred partnership, plus I don't think Mina is very good.

....I have a view that Zouma was brought in to partner Mina. Zouma is a similar type to Sanchez, who partners Mina for Columbia. Injuries meant the partnership never got a chance, and Keane played well enough to keep his place.

Mina a hasn’t had a chance to settle.

....I have a view that Zouma was brought in to partner Mina. Zouma is a similar type to Sanchez, who partners Mina for Columbia. Injuries meant the partnership never got a chance, and Keane played well enough to keep his place.

Mina a hasn’t had a chance to settle
You are right he has not had a good run with injuries and other things but what I have seen of him he has not impressed me that much if I'm honest, I could be wrong it has been known.

You are right he has not had a good run with injuries and other things but what I have seen of him he has not impressed me that much if I'm honest, I could be wrong it has been known.

....from what they said, it seems Brands and Silva were very keen to acquire Mina. Brands judgement has generally been good, I do think Mina needs a proper run in the side but he has to grasp his opportunity when it arises to ensure he keeps his place.

No idea why people are writing him off, I think we’ve seen glimpses last season that he’s actually very good.

He’s had a tough time with injuries and he had to adapt that to the fact that the Premiership is hard work physically.
He's far and away the best CB we have with his feet and he's a threat from set pieces. He can also get A LOT better. He just needs to play. We need another CB option, but it should be someone quick and good with the ball.

He's far and away the best CB we have with his feet and he's a threat from set pieces. He can also get A LOT better. He just needs to play. We need another CB option, but it should be someone quick and good with the ball.
How can you say he is our best CB when the other two kept him on the bench and both individually played better then him all season.
Yeah he needs to.play but Silva had chances to play him, but didn't.

Agree though he can het better and next season I do see him kicking on.

Came injuried after the WC then Bernard stomped on his foot putting him back a bit more played a coupla decent games in our first run in. Got injuried again, went pap during our shabite run then solidified with zooms and Keane filled in a couple very decent games but didn’t get much a looker thanks to our CB form.

Hard to judge the lad after the season and I’m a big believer especially with centre half’s picking on form don’t mess with a solid defence ever

Played the full 90 against Peru last night helping Columbia to a clean sheet.

It’s handy that there’s a Copa America this summer as well as he needs games to build up his fitness. Hopefully stand him in good stead for the start of the season.

You know you just jinxed richy whos going to break his leg now don’t you :)

How can you say he is our best CB when the other two kept him on the bench and both individually played better then him all season.
Yeah he needs to.play but Silva had chances to play him, but didn't.

Agree though he can het better and next season I do see him kicking on.
Might want to re-read what I wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.